The Clean Cut: BYU Vocal Point, students produce 'Newsies' music video in one shot
Brigham Young University's a capella group "Vocal Point" and more than 85 BYU dance students released a music video featuring songs from "Newsies" May 20.
"The concept of this shoot is that we’re gonna do it in one shot,” said Jake Tengelsen, a member of Vocal Point, in a behind-the-scenes video.
The entire group never rehearsed together.
"This entire video is on point and if this doesn’t make you smile, you are a monster," wrote Arielle Calderon of BuzzFeed.
The video has received more than 14,000 views and many positive comments.
"This makes me so happy! I've got my man card taken away many times for loving this musical. But, totally worth it," David Cross said on YouTube.
The video features three dance companies at BYU, including the International Folk Dance Ensemble, the Contemporary Dance Theatre and the Ballroom Dance Company.
Megan Marsden Christensen is an intern with the Deseret News writing for the Faith & Family section. She recently graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelor's degree in communication.
- Your triplets just got even more special
- The Clean Cut: Christian musician releases...
- Wal-Mart brings back greeters at the store door
- It's May the Fourth: What's next for the Star...
- Five for Families: Live-action Disney films...
- After more than 6 years, 3 families yearn for...
- 'Biggest Losers' show why we regain lost weight
- Online harassment is most often targeted at...
- After more than 6 years, 3 families... 12
- 'Biggest Losers' show why we regain... 7
- Lousy parenting can be passed from one... 5
- Crowdfund a divorce? Sites let you... 3
- Unwanted pets find new homes in... 3
- It's May the Fourth: What's next for... 2
- Two Utah men competing in St. George... 2
- The Clean Cut: Real Salt Lake goalie... 2