As an educator, this is a particularly rewarding time of year: graduation time. Unlike many graduates across our state, the students in my school, Utah Connections Academy, are virtual students. These students are forging new ground, and reinventing education, developing their own path to success. That path is different for each of our 32 students graduating this year. Some will be attending colleges such as University of Utah, Concordia University-Irvine, Weber State University, Utah Valley University and Salt Lake Community College, many with scholarships. Still others are jumping into the workforce, joining the military or volunteering to serve missions abroad. We are proud of each and every one of them for their great academic achievements, successes and innovative spirits. Congratulations, Class of 2014!
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift...
- My view: Drafting women a threat to religious...
- Richard Davis: What will Americans sacrifice...
- Derek B. Miller: It's my party and I'll decry...
- In our opinion: Politics and ISIS
- Jay Evensen: The IOC demonstrates again why...
- Letter: Cruz took a stand
- Letter: Acting presidential
- Letter: Guns in America 55
- In our opinion: Planned Parenthood... 49
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 47
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 34
- Letter: Acting presidential 31
- Letter: Cruz took a stand 30
- Dan Liljenquist: Presidential politics... 29
- My view: What message does Melania's... 25