Alex Boye official Facebook page
Vocalist Alex Boye announced on Facebook on Monday afternoon that he was officially retired from performing with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
Boye, who also has a solo career, performed with the choir for the past seven years. Although he will no longer be in the choir, Boye said he will still be a part of the choir's tour as a soloist in 2015.
In the statement made online, Boye expressed his gratitude for the opportunity.
"I will miss the choir dearly, but now my musical path lies in new places," Boye posted. "Thank you Craig Jessop and Mack Wilberg for changing my life!"
In the past few months, Boye has had several successful music videos, including his version of "Let It Go," which now has more than 39 million views. Boye also released an album in September featuring his single "I Am Gold."
Last month a service was held for 28 other members of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir who were also retired.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Twitter: @Sarah_DNews
- How to get 'Meet the Mormons' in theaters...
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with newly...
- A conversation with Mormon convert and 7-time...
- Famous Mormons featured in new BYU commercial
- 10 religious leaders you may not know about
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies inspired...
- Mormon neighbors help Catholic nuns with...
- Over half a million people attended Ogden...
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with... 36
- Americans link violence with Muslims,... 13
- A conversation with Mormon convert and... 9
- New Utah rabbi hopes to 'perfect the... 5
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies... 5
- Over half a million people attended... 4
- 5 unusual places of worship 4
- Pope Francis to marry couples with... 3