Alex Boye official Facebook page
Vocalist Alex Boye announced on Facebook on Monday afternoon that he was officially retired from performing with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
Boye, who also has a solo career, performed with the choir for the past seven years. Although he will no longer be in the choir, Boye said he will still be a part of the choir's tour as a soloist in 2015.
In the statement made online, Boye expressed his gratitude for the opportunity.
"I will miss the choir dearly, but now my musical path lies in new places," Boye posted. "Thank you Craig Jessop and Mack Wilberg for changing my life!"
In the past few months, Boye has had several successful music videos, including his version of "Let It Go," which now has more than 39 million views. Boye also released an album in September featuring his single "I Am Gold."
Last month a service was held for 28 other members of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir who were also retired.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Twitter: @Sarah_DNews
- Pope embraces Al-Azhar imam in sign of...
- Church slaying families accept pursuit of...
- Music and the Spoken Word: Of happiness and...
- Jerry Earl Johnston: A church focused on...
- LDS World: The privilege and benefits of...
- Book review: 'Star Struck' is light, romantic...
- Brigham Young birthday celebration June 1
- LDS missionary who returned home early... 48
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- Is the Angel Moroni a lightning rod?... 18
- Donald Trump moves to win over wavering... 16
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11
- Brooklyn's Catholic bishop decries... 4
- ... 3
- What's new: 'The Washington Hypothesis' 3