Alex Boye official Facebook page
Vocalist Alex Boye announced on Facebook on Monday afternoon that he was officially retired from performing with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
Boye, who also has a solo career, performed with the choir for the past seven years. Although he will no longer be in the choir, Boye said he will still be a part of the choir's tour as a soloist in 2015.
In the statement made online, Boye expressed his gratitude for the opportunity.
"I will miss the choir dearly, but now my musical path lies in new places," Boye posted. "Thank you Craig Jessop and Mack Wilberg for changing my life!"
In the past few months, Boye has had several successful music videos, including his version of "Let It Go," which now has more than 39 million views. Boye also released an album in September featuring his single "I Am Gold."
Last month a service was held for 28 other members of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir who were also retired.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Twitter: @Sarah_DNews
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest?
- What life was like for the Mormon pioneers...
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Who were the first 3...
- New study: Mormon pioneers were safer on trek...
- Observers uncertain about the impact of...
- LDS Church to break ground next month for...
- New study: Mormon pioneers were safer... 70
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest? 59
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby... 50
- Observers uncertain about the impact of... 41
- What does the Mormon 'temperature'... 39
- LDS Church to break ground next month... 26
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- New solar panels are symbol of the... 11