Alex Boye official Facebook page
Vocalist Alex Boye announced on Facebook on Monday afternoon that he was officially retired from performing with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
Boye, who also has a solo career, performed with the choir for the past seven years. Although he will no longer be in the choir, Boye said he will still be a part of the choir's tour as a soloist in 2015.
In the statement made online, Boye expressed his gratitude for the opportunity.
"I will miss the choir dearly, but now my musical path lies in new places," Boye posted. "Thank you Craig Jessop and Mack Wilberg for changing my life!"
In the past few months, Boye has had several successful music videos, including his version of "Let It Go," which now has more than 39 million views. Boye also released an album in September featuring his single "I Am Gold."
Last month a service was held for 28 other members of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir who were also retired.
Email: email@example.com | Twitter: @Sarah_DNews
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- LDS Church to create new missions in Utah and...
- 19 inspiring Christmas quotes from President...
- 'Unbroken' faith: The religious journey of...
- Students' moving video on the Christmas truce...
- How would LDS be affected by renewed US-Cuba...
- Christmas without Jesus
- 'American Idol' alum Brooke White creates...
- Ask Angela: LDS bridal showers are out... 48
- Defending the Faith: A modern witness... 42
- How would LDS be affected by renewed... 27
- Christmas without Jesus 19
- LDS Church to create new missions in... 18
- Chris Hicks: Has Hollywood found new... 16
- Forget Santa Claus, Virginia. Was there... 11
- Visiting minister urges unity among... 10