BYU baseball: Dillon Robinson, Brennon Lund selected to All-WCC Baseball Team
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
Junior Dillon Robinson and freshman Brennon Lund of BYU were named to the 25 member All-West Coast Conference Baseball First Team on Tuesday.
“Dillon really stepped up this year, fought through a couple injuries and became a force in our lineup,” BYU coach Mike Littlewood said. “Brennon just got better and better as the season progressed. He did a great job in the leadoff spot for us and I‘m glad his performance was recognized by the coaches in the league.”
Lund, a 5-foot-11, 185 outfielder from South Jordan, was one of four freshmen named to the first team, including Austin Miller of Loyola Marymount University who was named WCC Freshman of the Year. Lund was the only Cougar named to the 10 member WCC All-Freshman Team. Lund had two 10-game hitting streaks during the season.
Robinson, a 6-3, 215 third baseman from Pleasant Grove, led the team with a .369 batting average, the fourth best in the league, but missed 13 games this season due to two separate sprained ankle injuries. He was the only WCC player selected to the Capitol One Academic All-District VIII team. Robinson hit two game-winning RBIs in BYU’s final three wins as its season ended.
Cougars Jeff Barker (pitcher), Jarrett Jarvis (catcher) and Brock Whitney (first baseman) were the only Cougars listed as WCC honorable mention.
Ralph R. Zobell has worked for BYU Athletic Media Relations in various capacities for over 30 years. You can view his bio at http://byucougars.com/staff/athletics/ralph-zobell or contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Athletes using sports platforms to push for...
- NFL clears Peyton Manning of HGH allegations
- 7 Russian swimmers to miss Rio Olympics over...
- Michael Jordan gives $2 million; looks to...
- Cubs get closer Aroldis Chapman in trade with...
- Roger Federer says he is out for Olympics,...
- Mickelson not close to being over runner-up...
- College Football Playoff moves most future...
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 62
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 57
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 57
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 51
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 37
- Big 12 watch: BYU's success in football... 33
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 26
- Former Utah punter Tom Hackett waived... 18