BYU baseball: Dillon Robinson, Brennon Lund selected to All-WCC Baseball Team
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
Junior Dillon Robinson and freshman Brennon Lund of BYU were named to the 25 member All-West Coast Conference Baseball First Team on Tuesday.
“Dillon really stepped up this year, fought through a couple injuries and became a force in our lineup,” BYU coach Mike Littlewood said. “Brennon just got better and better as the season progressed. He did a great job in the leadoff spot for us and I‘m glad his performance was recognized by the coaches in the league.”
Lund, a 5-foot-11, 185 outfielder from South Jordan, was one of four freshmen named to the first team, including Austin Miller of Loyola Marymount University who was named WCC Freshman of the Year. Lund was the only Cougar named to the 10 member WCC All-Freshman Team. Lund had two 10-game hitting streaks during the season.
Robinson, a 6-3, 215 third baseman from Pleasant Grove, led the team with a .369 batting average, the fourth best in the league, but missed 13 games this season due to two separate sprained ankle injuries. He was the only WCC player selected to the Capitol One Academic All-District VIII team. Robinson hit two game-winning RBIs in BYU’s final three wins as its season ended.
Cougars Jeff Barker (pitcher), Jarrett Jarvis (catcher) and Brock Whitney (first baseman) were the only Cougars listed as WCC honorable mention.
Ralph R. Zobell has worked for BYU Athletic Media Relations in various capacities for over 30 years. You can view his bio at http://byucougars.com/staff/athletics/ralph-zobell or contact him at email@example.com.
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- High school football: Royals rock Grizzlies...
- BYU Cougars happy to have Saturday afternoon...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 72
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 43
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33