The difference in news preferences between liberals and conservatives
Liberals and conservatives have markedly different interests in current events, according to a study by the Pew Research Center.
Liberals are more interested in content about the Nigeria kidnappings and controversy surrounding the racial comments of Los Angeles Clippers' owner Donald Sterling, while conservatives are paying closer attention to Benghazi.
"The country’s ideological divide can be measured a lot of ways, such as by votes or how people stand on issues," according to the Pew report. "But it can also be seen in the news stories that people follow."
- Letter: Moral decline 86
- In our opinion: Utah should change law... 81
- Letter: Climate denial 62
- Ralph Hancock: Society cannot... 58
- Brian S. Brown: In defending marriage,... 54
- In our opinion: Some universities... 45
- Politico Magazine: If Mitt Romney runs... 44
- Robert Bennett: Obama should not move... 40