The difference in news preferences between liberals and conservatives
Liberals and conservatives have markedly different interests in current events, according to a study by the Pew Research Center.
Liberals are more interested in content about the Nigeria kidnappings and controversy surrounding the racial comments of Los Angeles Clippers' owner Donald Sterling, while conservatives are paying closer attention to Benghazi.
"The country’s ideological divide can be measured a lot of ways, such as by votes or how people stand on issues," according to the Pew report. "But it can also be seen in the news stories that people follow."
- In our opinion: The 3 levels of Christmas
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Why the working-class...
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Cogitating on...
- Drew Clark: The right to be forgiven, not...
- My view: We deserve better than current...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 64
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 48
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- Jay Evensen: Should Utah raise its gas... 28
- Letter: Police not the problem 24
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation... 22
- Reconnecting with Cuba is a good move... 20