The difference in news preferences between liberals and conservatives
Liberals and conservatives have markedly different interests in current events, according to a study by the Pew Research Center.
Liberals are more interested in content about the Nigeria kidnappings and controversy surrounding the racial comments of Los Angeles Clippers' owner Donald Sterling, while conservatives are paying closer attention to Benghazi.
"The country’s ideological divide can be measured a lot of ways, such as by votes or how people stand on issues," according to the Pew report. "But it can also be seen in the news stories that people follow."
- 20 of the most influential and innovative...
- Lois M. Collins: School start times are...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Do Democrats do it...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Same-sex...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Lessons learned from...
- Letter: Police brutality
- In our opinion: UTA to reconnect?
- Doug Robinson: When did Missouri turn into...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb:... 76
- Letter: Police brutality 58
- Whitt Flora: It's time to put U.S.... 35
- A. Scott Anderson: The world needs... 26
- Robert J. Samuelson: Do Democrats do it... 24
- Join the discussion: Is Rick Perry's... 23
- In our opinion: To be vigilant,... 23
- Letter: Parking questions 22