The difference in news preferences between liberals and conservatives
Liberals and conservatives have markedly different interests in current events, according to a study by the Pew Research Center.
Liberals are more interested in content about the Nigeria kidnappings and controversy surrounding the racial comments of Los Angeles Clippers' owner Donald Sterling, while conservatives are paying closer attention to Benghazi.
"The country’s ideological divide can be measured a lot of ways, such as by votes or how people stand on issues," according to the Pew report. "But it can also be seen in the news stories that people follow."
- 33 Mark Twain quotes that prove he was an...
- Charles Krauthammer: The nation expects...
- My view: The best legislation meets all sides
- A. Scott Anderson: Give students skills that...
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges...
- My view: Deeper look at Utah’s...
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- Letter: Give her time
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 152
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 75
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation... 43
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges... 36
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 30
- My view: The best legislation meets all... 30
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell 29
- Letter: Legal weapons on campus 29