Deseret News has published several articles on child vaccination rates. In each piece, parents who opt out of vaccines are largely portrayed as ignorant.
On such an important and crucial question as vaccines, I'm writing out of concern that we are losing space for a thoughtful, public conversation. As a Ph.D. researcher married to a wife with a graduate degree, we made our decision about vaccines painstakingly — and only after reviewing a great deal of research.
Yet many continue to insist the question is consummately clear-cut — with those raising questions as arrogant and stupid. Is it possible that there are meaningful nuances to explore on this question — and, perhaps, smart people who disagree on what to do?
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- Jay Evensen: Utah's prosperity is threatened...
- Letter: Marijuana, an evil plant
- My view: Prison relocation study is being...
- Richard Davis: Another conflict of interest...
- Letter: Divorce risks
- David Jensen: Humans are responsible for...
- Hinkins & King: No losers in Utah’s...
- Letter: Marijuana, an evil plant 53
- David Jensen: Humans are responsible... 40
- Jay Evensen: Utah's prosperity is... 26
- My view: Prison relocation study is... 23
- Letter: Keep fighting drugs 21
- Michael Gerson: Religious... 19
- My view: Higher ed students can better... 18
- Richard Davis: Another conflict of... 18