Deseret News has published several articles on child vaccination rates. In each piece, parents who opt out of vaccines are largely portrayed as ignorant.
On such an important and crucial question as vaccines, I'm writing out of concern that we are losing space for a thoughtful, public conversation. As a Ph.D. researcher married to a wife with a graduate degree, we made our decision about vaccines painstakingly — and only after reviewing a great deal of research.
Yet many continue to insist the question is consummately clear-cut — with those raising questions as arrogant and stupid. Is it possible that there are meaningful nuances to explore on this question — and, perhaps, smart people who disagree on what to do?
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument in...
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood scandal...
- Letter: Eroding the BSA
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to help...
- In our opinion: Time to phase out federal...
- Letter: Envision Utah scam
- Five principles to help guide public dialogue...
- In our opinion: Sen. Mike Lee's proposed...
- Five principles to help guide public... 111
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on... 69
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 45
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 44
- Letter: Human body 41
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 40
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 33
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 23