Deseret News has published several articles on child vaccination rates. In each piece, parents who opt out of vaccines are largely portrayed as ignorant.
On such an important and crucial question as vaccines, I'm writing out of concern that we are losing space for a thoughtful, public conversation. As a Ph.D. researcher married to a wife with a graduate degree, we made our decision about vaccines painstakingly — and only after reviewing a great deal of research.
Yet many continue to insist the question is consummately clear-cut — with those raising questions as arrogant and stupid. Is it possible that there are meaningful nuances to explore on this question — and, perhaps, smart people who disagree on what to do?
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- Letter: Patriots or sheep?
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- Reconnecting with Cuba is a good move —...
- Charles Krauthammer: Battle must be fought...
- Letter: Police not the problem
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 61
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 41
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 35
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws... 30