Young Kwak, AP
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Jazz will host their third pre-draft workout Tuesday morning with yet another group of long-shot NBA hopefuls.
This collection includes six players who recently ended their collegiate careers but aren't ranked in the top 100 of ESPN writer Chad Ford's rankings and aren't projected to be drafted.
The workout participants: Towson forward Jerrelle Benimon (6-8, 245), Gonzaga forward/center Sam Dower Jr. (6-9, 243), Iowa State forward Melvin Ejim (6-6, 220), Connecticut guard/forward Niels Giffey (6-7, 204), Indiana State guard Jake Odum (6-4, 180) and Florida guard Scottie Wilbekin (6-2, 176).
The Jazz will continue to hold workouts leading up to the June 26 NBA draft as the organization hopes to acquire as much information on as many potential pros as possible.
Utah will find out where it picks in the lottery Tuesday night. The Jazz are in the No. 4 position, but could end up anywhere from No. 1 through No. 7.
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Brazil nabs 10 IS backers in Olympics...
- Oklahoma State forward Tyrek Coger dies after...
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Morning links: National college... 79
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 65
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 53
- Annual instate college basketball... 38
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 33
- Phil Steele 2016 Football magazine... 29
- Pac-12 South: Bruins the favorite, but... 22