Young Kwak, AP
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Jazz will host their third pre-draft workout Tuesday morning with yet another group of long-shot NBA hopefuls.
This collection includes six players who recently ended their collegiate careers but aren't ranked in the top 100 of ESPN writer Chad Ford's rankings and aren't projected to be drafted.
The workout participants: Towson forward Jerrelle Benimon (6-8, 245), Gonzaga forward/center Sam Dower Jr. (6-9, 243), Iowa State forward Melvin Ejim (6-6, 220), Connecticut guard/forward Niels Giffey (6-7, 204), Indiana State guard Jake Odum (6-4, 180) and Florida guard Scottie Wilbekin (6-2, 176).
The Jazz will continue to hold workouts leading up to the June 26 NBA draft as the organization hopes to acquire as much information on as many potential pros as possible.
Utah will find out where it picks in the lottery Tuesday night. The Jazz are in the No. 4 position, but could end up anywhere from No. 1 through No. 7.
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Morning links: ESPN takes deep dive into Utah...
- Felt's Facts: Breaking down the Utah high...
- Ute recruit Tyler Huntley posting huge...
- Underrated East Carolina will test BYU's defense
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Hawaii trip had benefits for Utah Jazz aside...
- Perseverance pays off for Taele, a big...
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 52
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 45
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 34
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- After win, BYU looking to improve, get... 26
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Morning links: When will the Utes... 17