Young Kwak, AP
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Jazz will host their third pre-draft workout Tuesday morning with yet another group of long-shot NBA hopefuls.
This collection includes six players who recently ended their collegiate careers but aren't ranked in the top 100 of ESPN writer Chad Ford's rankings and aren't projected to be drafted.
The workout participants: Towson forward Jerrelle Benimon (6-8, 245), Gonzaga forward/center Sam Dower Jr. (6-9, 243), Iowa State forward Melvin Ejim (6-6, 220), Connecticut guard/forward Niels Giffey (6-7, 204), Indiana State guard Jake Odum (6-4, 180) and Florida guard Scottie Wilbekin (6-2, 176).
The Jazz will continue to hold workouts leading up to the June 26 NBA draft as the organization hopes to acquire as much information on as many potential pros as possible.
Utah will find out where it picks in the lottery Tuesday night. The Jazz are in the No. 4 position, but could end up anywhere from No. 1 through No. 7.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- NFL locals photo gallery: Ansah grabs the...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 60
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 45