BYU football: Center Edward Fusi named to Rimington Trophy watch list
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
BYU center Edward Fusi was named to the 2014 Rimington Trophy Spring Watch List on Monday.
The award is given annually to the most outstanding center in Division I college football. Fusi, who started six games last season and played in 10 games, was one of 64 athletes named to the watch list.
In his first year at BYU after transferring from Mt. San Antonio College, Fusi missed three games due to injury but helped the BYU offense rank No. 10 nationally in rushing offense with 267.3 yards per game. The Cougar offense also ranked No. 14 in total offense with 493.6 yards per game.
Fusi is a 6-foot-0, 317-pound product of Corona, California, and will be a senior in 2014.
For more information on the Rimington Trophy watch list and a complete list of nominees, visit the Remington Trophy website.
Rachel Hawks is a sports information director for BYU Athletic Communications.
- Brad Rock: No BYU, but no regrets for Jabari...
- BYU basketball: First-grader given royal blue...
- Defense, rebounding, big second half propels...
- BYU football adds California DL Kainoa Fuiava...
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State, 71-69
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired assistant...
- Morning links: Grading the BYU, Utah and USU...
- Live stream: High school drill team state...
- Morning links: Which Utah school has... 92
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 85
- Morning links: Grading the BYU, Utah... 79
- After slow start, Runnin' Utes sprint... 49
- Utes receive commitment from Florida LB... 42
- BYU football: 2016 recruiting class... 42
- College football signing day central:... 34
- Morning links: Ty Detmer plays ping... 32