Commenter tells waitresses to 'show more skin,' restaurant owner has creative response
The restaurant reviewing site Urban Spoon has become a popular place for guests to comment about their dining experiences. But for Atomic Grill, a restaurant in West Virginia, one comment left on the site was quite offensive.
After reading a comment that expressed the need for Atomic Grill waitresses to "show more skin," owner Daniel McCawley decided to take action.
"I'm a husband and a father of a 12-year-old girl," McCawley told 12WBOY. "I have five sisters, and it was just offensive."
This Memorial Day weekend, Atomic Grill will be offering a special on potato skins, with the proceeds going to the West Virginia Foundation for Rape Information Services program.
On the Atomic Grill Facebook page, many expressed their appreciation for the way McCawley handled the situation.
"Already loved this restaurant and now even more because of the classy way it handled a very demeaning and classless suggestion," Claudia Marie Harmon posted on the restaurant's Facebook page.
"Thank you for valuing and respecting women! Way to go! Hope others take notice and reevaluate how they dress and ask the women in their life to dress!"
"Kudos to you for taking a stand," Cara Farrington Stolba wrote on Facebook. "Top notch employer, father and man. I live in Iowa, but if I ever have an opportunity to visit the area, I will be there to try some West Virginia BBQ!"
Email: email@example.com | Twitter: @Sarah_DNews
- 10 things to know before going to Salt Lake...
- 5 parenting lessons from movies
- Sutton Foster promises 'an intimate look at...
- 'Guardians' stays atop cinemas amid worst...
- 10 celebrity couples who have made marriage work
- This one thing can help predict the type and...
- Getting ready for Salt Lake Comic Con:...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: How media could help...
- It's about time the government... 12
- Jim Bennett: The ALS Ice Bucket... 8
- Parents respond to Nicki Minaj's 'vile'... 7
- Getting ready for Salt Lake Comic Con:... 4
- Linda & Richard Eyre: How media could... 3
- 5 parenting lessons from movies 3
- Face time vs. screen time: The... 2
- BYU announces Mitt Romney, Disney... 2