Commenter tells waitresses to 'show more skin,' restaurant owner has creative response
The restaurant reviewing site Urban Spoon has become a popular place for guests to comment about their dining experiences. But for Atomic Grill, a restaurant in West Virginia, one comment left on the site was quite offensive.
After reading a comment that expressed the need for Atomic Grill waitresses to "show more skin," owner Daniel McCawley decided to take action.
"I'm a husband and a father of a 12-year-old girl," McCawley told 12WBOY. "I have five sisters, and it was just offensive."
This Memorial Day weekend, Atomic Grill will be offering a special on potato skins, with the proceeds going to the West Virginia Foundation for Rape Information Services program.
On the Atomic Grill Facebook page, many expressed their appreciation for the way McCawley handled the situation.
"Already loved this restaurant and now even more because of the classy way it handled a very demeaning and classless suggestion," Claudia Marie Harmon posted on the restaurant's Facebook page.
"Thank you for valuing and respecting women! Way to go! Hope others take notice and reevaluate how they dress and ask the women in their life to dress!"
"Kudos to you for taking a stand," Cara Farrington Stolba wrote on Facebook. "Top notch employer, father and man. I live in Iowa, but if I ever have an opportunity to visit the area, I will be there to try some West Virginia BBQ!"
Email: email@example.com | Twitter: @Sarah_DNews
- Summer movie preview: A look at 21 films and...
- ValueSpeak: How did my toddler grandson...
- Steve Eaton: eBay exile is small price to pay...
- 20 years later, 'blessed' Herring believes he...
- Britain's new princess can't expect...
- The Clean Cut: Newfound perspective inspires...
- Stepmoms navigate sometimes-tricky trail, but...
- What not to say to a woman struggling with...
- 20 years later, 'blessed' Herring... 53
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: A different view... 7
- ValueSpeak: How did my toddler grandson... 6
- From the makeup aisle: Advice from a... 5
- Parents, do your kids trust the... 5
- Britain's new princess can't expect... 4
- Steve Eaton: eBay exile is small price... 3
- The case for renewing the War on Poverty 2