San Diego quarterback Philip Rivers speaks about faith, family at D.C. commencement
Charlie Riedel, Associated Press
San Diego Chargers all-pro quarterback Philip Rivers recently received an honorary degree and delivered the 125th annual commencement address at the Catholic University of America in Washington, D.C. His message was one of faith, family and football, according to Kate O'Hare with breitbart.com.
"My faith is the most important thing in my life," Rivers said in O'Hare's article. "The one very basic fundamental of our faith that was instilled in me as a young boy from my parents, was to never miss Mass on Sunday. This was so instilled and lived out by our family as I was growing up, that when I got to college and was officially on my own, missing Mass was not an option."
Rivers also focused part of his message on the Latin phrase, "Nunc Coepi," which means "Now I begin."
"In our prayer, in our habits, in our relationships, in our profession. It is applicable to everything. You now begin. This is ongoing. You begin again, and again and again. You never give up. Nunc Coepi," Rivers said in the article. "Nunc Coepi. I can’t quite put the Latin twang on it. It’s more of an Alabama twang. But it gets the job done."
For the rest of this article, visit www.breitbart.com.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: tbtoone
- 'Jesus the Christ Study Guide' commemorates...
- Hundreds of Mormons sing Christmas carols in...
- Temple Square hosts New Year's EVE events
- Creators of 'Saratov Approach' to release...
- 'Unbroken' billed as faith-based film, but...
- Wright Words: My friend David is Christian,...
- LDS Church clarifies position on...
- Live nativity attracts more than 3,500 in...
- Can you question the Virgin Birth and... 20
- Religious freedom and economic growth... 19
- Creators of 'Saratov Approach' to... 14
- This is what going to church does to you 9
- Wright Words: My friend David is... 8
- It's a 'Christmas break' for many, but... 6
- Hundreds of Mormons sing Christmas... 5
- Local faith leaders share inspiring... 5