Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
HERRIMAN — A 19-year-old man drowned in Blackridge Reservoir on Sunday evening.
Joey Pantoja was trying to swim across the lake when he became distressed in the middle and went under the water about 6 p.m., according to Unified Police Department. A friend swimming with him was unable to save him.
People in the neighborhood heard the friend call for help and jumped into the reservoir at 15300 S. Ashland Ridge Dr. (5390 West) to try to rescue Pantoja.
Authorities estimate Pantoja was under water for about 40 minutes before a search-and-rescue team recovered his body.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Pleasant View fire contained Saturday;...
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- Photos: Fun for all at the 10th annual Family...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 17
- Two Utah schools under federal... 13