Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
HERRIMAN — A 19-year-old man drowned in Blackridge Reservoir on Sunday evening.
Joey Pantoja was trying to swim across the lake when he became distressed in the middle and went under the water about 6 p.m., according to Unified Police Department. A friend swimming with him was unable to save him.
People in the neighborhood heard the friend call for help and jumped into the reservoir at 15300 S. Ashland Ridge Dr. (5390 West) to try to rescue Pantoja.
Authorities estimate Pantoja was under water for about 40 minutes before a search-and-rescue team recovered his body.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- California man drove to Vernal for sex with...
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at Utah...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12