Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
HERRIMAN — A 19-year-old man drowned in Blackridge Reservoir on Sunday evening.
Joey Pantoja was trying to swim across the lake when he became distressed in the middle and went under the water about 6 p.m., according to Unified Police Department. A friend swimming with him was unable to save him.
People in the neighborhood heard the friend call for help and jumped into the reservoir at 15300 S. Ashland Ridge Dr. (5390 West) to try to rescue Pantoja.
Authorities estimate Pantoja was under water for about 40 minutes before a search-and-rescue team recovered his body.
- Precedents — and exceptions — to...
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- LDS Church leaders continue to emphasize...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Layton man attempts to duct tape, rape woman,...
- The truth about addiction
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 53
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 37
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 28
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15
- State says it will fund Planned... 14
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters... 13
- Precedents — and exceptions... 12