On this week’s Deseret News National Edition Robbie Parker discusses school safety, author Seth Adam Smith explains why marriage isn’t for you and BYU’s new president talks about his biggest concern for the school.
Last year's Sandy Hook Elementary School shootings horrified us all and left parents around the country fearful for the safety of their children at school. Robbie and Alissa Parker lost their 6 year-old daughter Emilee that day.
But as Mike Headrick reports, instead of locking themselves away to deal with their grief privately, the Parkers are on a very public mission to make schools safer.
A new study finds that close to half of potential home buyers are so afraid they will not qualify for a mortgage that they do not even try. Deseret News financial writer Michael De Groote explains why a lot of those fears are not warranted.
For the past few weeks on this program our 'Ten Today' Series has examined the relevance of the Ten Commandments in today's society. Deseret News reporter Lois Collins offers this perspective on the seventh commandment.
Food allergies are on the rise and that can add a lot of stress to family life. Peter Rosen shows us what happened to one family when food became hazardous to their health.
Kevin J Worthen is in his first month as the new president of Brigham Young University, in Provo and no one is more surprised than he is. He and Dave McCann discussed his childhood in Dragerton, Utah, as the youngest of four kids, his childhood dreams, and his vision for BYU moving forward.
The Deseret News National Edition highlights Deseret News content centered around six areas of editorial emphasis: family, faith in the community, excellence in education, values in media and culture, and causes related to helping the poor and financial responsibility. Each week, the program goes in-depth on these topics and brings insights from voices from around the country.
Candice Madsen is a senior producer of special projects for KSL-TV and produces the weekly television program "Deseret News Sunday Edition." EMAIL: email@example.com
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Ann Romney on likability, Hillary Clinton, MS...
- Police arrest man who posed as Mormon...
- Does your child struggle to focus? Here's why...
- McCarthy abruptly withdraws candidacy for...
- VW executive apologizes but says scandal not...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 68
- Workers removing Ten Commandments from... 56
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Mother-son bond over guns links Oregon,... 22
- 40 percent tax on employer insurance... 22
- Clinton pitches new gun controls... 16
- Obama touts immigration reform in... 16
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15