Truck and trailer rollover halts traffic on southbound I-15
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
ALPINE — A crash on I-15 caused major traffic delays through the Friday evening commute.
A truck pulling a trailer southbound on I-15 rolled south of Point of the Mountain near the state Route 92 interchange. All three people in the truck were wearing seat belts and were unharmed, the Utah Highway Patrol reported.
The truck and trailer blocked all lanes of traffic, forcing drivers to pass the accident on the shoulder and causing up to 6 miles of gridlock.
Meanwhile, onlookers also slowed traffic on northbound I-15.
All lanes were open within two hours, but residual delays persisted into the evening commute.
- Precedents — and exceptions — to...
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- LDS Church leaders continue to emphasize...
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- The truth about addiction
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 52
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 35
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15
- State says it will fund Planned... 14
- Precedents — and exceptions... 12
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters... 11