Truck and trailer rollover halts traffic on southbound I-15
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
ALPINE — A crash on I-15 caused major traffic delays through the Friday evening commute.
A truck pulling a trailer southbound on I-15 rolled south of Point of the Mountain near the state Route 92 interchange. All three people in the truck were wearing seat belts and were unharmed, the Utah Highway Patrol reported.
The truck and trailer blocked all lanes of traffic, forcing drivers to pass the accident on the shoulder and causing up to 6 miles of gridlock.
Meanwhile, onlookers also slowed traffic on northbound I-15.
All lanes were open within two hours, but residual delays persisted into the evening commute.
- Smithfield teen makes Valentine's Day special...
- Scalia's death leaves major void in high...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- France bestows highest honor on Utah veteran
- Giant Kennecott dump trucks are sporting an...
- Logan man killed in Idaho car crash
- 3 seriously injured in multi-vehicle crash on...
- Race heating up as congressional Democrats...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 39
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 36
- Scalia's death leaves major void in... 24
- IRS raids properties with possible... 21
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San... 12
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's... 11