Truck and trailer rollover halts traffic on southbound I-15
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
ALPINE — A crash on I-15 caused major traffic delays through the Friday evening commute.
A truck pulling a trailer southbound on I-15 rolled south of Point of the Mountain near the state Route 92 interchange. All three people in the truck were wearing seat belts and were unharmed, the Utah Highway Patrol reported.
The truck and trailer blocked all lanes of traffic, forcing drivers to pass the accident on the shoulder and causing up to 6 miles of gridlock.
Meanwhile, onlookers also slowed traffic on northbound I-15.
All lanes were open within two hours, but residual delays persisted into the evening commute.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 29
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 27
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18