Truck and trailer rollover halts traffic on southbound I-15
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
ALPINE — A crash on I-15 caused major traffic delays through the Friday evening commute.
A truck pulling a trailer southbound on I-15 rolled south of Point of the Mountain near the state Route 92 interchange. All three people in the truck were wearing seat belts and were unharmed, the Utah Highway Patrol reported.
The truck and trailer blocked all lanes of traffic, forcing drivers to pass the accident on the shoulder and causing up to 6 miles of gridlock.
Meanwhile, onlookers also slowed traffic on northbound I-15.
All lanes were open within two hours, but residual delays persisted into the evening commute.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Man critically hurt in Legacy Parkway crash...
- Roy home destroyed in fire
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 12
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Brother, sister hugged each other as... 8
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7
- Audit of embattled S.L. County... 7