Truck and trailer rollover halts traffic on southbound I-15
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
ALPINE — A crash on I-15 caused major traffic delays through the Friday evening commute.
A truck pulling a trailer southbound on I-15 rolled south of Point of the Mountain near the state Route 92 interchange. All three people in the truck were wearing seat belts and were unharmed, the Utah Highway Patrol reported.
The truck and trailer blocked all lanes of traffic, forcing drivers to pass the accident on the shoulder and causing up to 6 miles of gridlock.
Meanwhile, onlookers also slowed traffic on northbound I-15.
All lanes were open within two hours, but residual delays persisted into the evening commute.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- West Nile activity discovered in three Utah...
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at Utah...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12