Marvel stars become real superheros by honoring a dad who has weeks to live
Sophie Caldecott is on a mission to make the last 12 weeks of her dad's life the most memorable.
Caldecott's father, Stratford, was diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2011 and has been battling the disease ever since. In a recent blog post, Sophie explained that her father is now in his final stages, and doctors have predicted he has about 12 weeks left.
It was this latest prediction that caused Sophie to reach out to Marvel.
"Dad is a huge comic book fan; he collected them when he was young, and absolutely loves the Marvel films," she wrote on her blog.
"Throughout his illness he has joked that he’ll hang on just so that he can see the next film release. When 'The Avengers' came out he managed to get to the cinema to see it, and it made him so happy."
Sophie went on to explain that her father was too ill to attend a theater viewing of the latest Marvel film, "Captain America: The Winter Soldier." That's where her mission started. Sophie reached out to Marvel, inquiring for an early copy of the DVD for her father. According to 89.3 KPCC, Marvel has already agreed to provide the movie, but Sophie didn't stop there.
Turning to social media, Sophie sent tweets to all of the Marvel superhero actors and actresses, asking them to be superheros in real life. Throughout this week, many actors and actresses responded with pictures for Stratford.
The Caldecott family was overwhelmed with number of responses they have received, as Sophie recently blogged about their gratidude.
"Thank you so very much to everyone who tweeted, emailed, and otherwise found us ways of getting our message through successfully," Sophie blogged. "The Caldecott family are beyond grateful, and we’ll let you know how it turns out.
Email: email@example.com | Twitter: @Sarah_DNews
- 'Duck Dynasty' daughter sticks to Christian...
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Utah families share tragic stories of teens...
- The Clean Cut: Lindsey Stirling visits the...
- Mom calls out Toys R Us for selling fake...
- Playing favorites can increase the chance a...
- Work of two Utah students featured in...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge... 8
- 'Duck Dynasty' daughter sticks to... 8
- This type of high school can increase... 7
- Studio C teams up with popular indie... 6
- Bound together: marriage rates and the... 5
- It's 2014: Are all our schools... 5
- Can too many dating options be a... 5
- Watch: Wheatley conference on family 5