Marvel stars become real superheros by honoring a dad who has weeks to live
Sophie Caldecott is on a mission to make the last 12 weeks of her dad's life the most memorable.
Caldecott's father, Stratford, was diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2011 and has been battling the disease ever since. In a recent blog post, Sophie explained that her father is now in his final stages, and doctors have predicted he has about 12 weeks left.
It was this latest prediction that caused Sophie to reach out to Marvel.
"Dad is a huge comic book fan; he collected them when he was young, and absolutely loves the Marvel films," she wrote on her blog.
"Throughout his illness he has joked that he’ll hang on just so that he can see the next film release. When 'The Avengers' came out he managed to get to the cinema to see it, and it made him so happy."
Sophie went on to explain that her father was too ill to attend a theater viewing of the latest Marvel film, "Captain America: The Winter Soldier." That's where her mission started. Sophie reached out to Marvel, inquiring for an early copy of the DVD for her father. According to 89.3 KPCC, Marvel has already agreed to provide the movie, but Sophie didn't stop there.
Turning to social media, Sophie sent tweets to all of the Marvel superhero actors and actresses, asking them to be superheros in real life. Throughout this week, many actors and actresses responded with pictures for Stratford.
The Caldecott family was overwhelmed with number of responses they have received, as Sophie recently blogged about their gratidude.
"Thank you so very much to everyone who tweeted, emailed, and otherwise found us ways of getting our message through successfully," Sophie blogged. "The Caldecott family are beyond grateful, and we’ll let you know how it turns out.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Twitter: @Sarah_DNews
- Provo's Waffle Love made time for church...
- The cost of child care trumps rent —...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- The Clean Cut: Peewee football players dance...
- 11 guaranteed steps to cut family spending
- 30 questions to ask your kid instead of 'How...
- Teach your children to be coachable
- UTubers: Jenny Oaks Baker performs tribute to...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: To the mom who... 7
- Here’s a look at Disney’s... 5
- Chris Hicks: Modern comedies... 4
- 5 amazing true stories of fate bringing... 3
- My view: Teenagers need environments... 3
- The cost of child care trumps rent... 3
- Tiffany Gee Lewis: Your presence is... 2
- 11 guaranteed steps to cut family spending 2