CougarLinks: Kyle Van Noy aims to 'learn the defense completely' during rookie mini-camp
Carlos Osorio, AP
Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy hit the field as a Detroit Lion for the first time Friday on Day One of rookie mini-camp.
Van Noy has high expectations for what he will accomplish in the three-day camp.
"My expectation for rookie camp is to learn the defense completely and be able to go into OTAs without skipping a beat, being able to go with the veterans," Van Noy wrote in a blog for the Lions' website.
Van Noy said he's already caught up with former Cougar teammate Ezekiel Ansah, and the two have spent time playing video games, "kicking it" and just having a good time talking.
The rookie linebacker also feels he's in a good situation to establish himself on defense because the Lions have a new coaching staff.
"I think the new defense will be a positive thing for me because I don’t think there are certain starters in place right now," Van Noy wrote in the blog. "Everybody starts on a new playing field. Last year’s stats don’t matter."
- Newcomers enjoy BYU hoops debut in Cougar Tipoff
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Live streams: 2A & 3A volleyball championship...
- High school football: Improbable final play...
- Felt's Facts, playoff edition: Newcomers,...
- Former BYU pitcher Jeremy Guthrie's little...
- Mormons in the rodeo: LDS competitors find...
- Utah Jazz fall to Rockets on opening night
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 78
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 58
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 54
- High school football: State tournament... 50
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- BYU men, women both picked to finish... 32
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the... 30