Uncredited, Associated Press
Americans are being mesmerized by a giant monster capable of stomping cities into dust and that is impervious to weapons. But enough about the Miami Heat.
No, if Godzilla were in the NBA, he would fit best as a Raptor.
No question, Godzilla has become a timeless classic. I wouldn’t be surprised to see NBC doing it soon as a live studio production, although Carrie Underwood probably doesn’t look good in a reptile suit.
NBC announced that “The Sound of Music” was such a hit it plans to do more live productions in prime time, including “The Music Man.” It’s about time network execs starting using the “think method” for programming.
Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg turned 30 last week. That means he’s officially too old to be hired by a high-tech startup.
Seriously, the world owes Zuckerberg a lot of thanks. Without him, hardly anyone would have known about the cat that chased off the dog attacking a little boy.
Without Zuckerberg, we could still like people and have it really mean something. “You’ve got a friend,” still would bring comfort. But on the other hand, we wouldn’t know what our old high school friends were eating for breakfast.
Zuckerberg is worth $26.6 billion. Maybe now he can spring for a suit and tie.
Mitt Romney says he thinks it’s time to raise the minimum wage. In reality, he’s just trying to improve the situation with his new night job at a convenience store.
Romney insists he’s not running for president in 2016. That’s a relief to the nameless, faceless person who currently is the Republican front-runner.
Scientists now say eating dark chocolate and drinking red wine isn’t good for you, after all. They say the best way to a healthy life is to do something that works up a sweat. For many people, just going without chocolate for a while will do that.
A new study says 1 in 10 Americans no longer carries cash. If this trend continues, panhandlers will have to begin accepting credit cards.
A tough new law aimed at ending distracted driving took effect in Utah last week. When I read about it I almost drove off the road.
Some day, smart cars may be pulled over for trying to multi-task.
- A beleaguered family — 12 in 4...
- About Utah: Jen Seelig came to Utah and made...
- In our opinion: Six heroes for our values in...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Our year-end...
- John Florez: The people's voices don't count
- Letter: Distance from religion
- In our opinion: Keep marriage questions
- Robert Bennett: Finally, good possibilities...
- Letter: Access to health care 42
- John Florez: The people's voices don't... 39
- Letter: Distance from religion 33
- In our opinion: Police vs. protests... 32
- Letter: Sharing culpability 22
- In our opinion: Keep marriage questions 21
- A. Scott Anderson: Peace on earth comes... 15
- Mark Reynolds: Cheap gas prices... 13