If you are a steak lover, this recipe is for you. It is simple and yet the results are delicious.
This simple topping uses only two ingredients, but the tangy and mellow flavors combined with the hearty and smokiness of the meat makes this a family favorite. We also use it on ribs (pictured) and pork chops.
The topping has the right combination of flavors that it will enhance just about any simple cut of meat. Even hamburgers are the perfect foundation for this rich and tasty topping. The possibilities are endless.
Belle’s Steak Gorgonzola
¼ cup crumbled Gorgonzola
¼ cup butter, softened
4 steaks (rib eye, sirloin, New York)
4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
Mix together the cheese and butter. Set aside. Rub each steak with oil and then place on a hot grill or griddle. Sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper. For medium rare turn after three minutes. Sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper and cook another three minutes. Remove from heat and place on a rimmed baking sheet. Top each steak with the cheese and butter mixture and set under the broiler for about two minutes or until the topping starts to bubble.
Brenda Stanley is the mother of five children, including two sets of twins, and a grandmother of three. She is a cookbook author, including the recently released "That's a Lot of Crock!" and novelist. Her website is at talesofthedinnerbelle.com.
- 21 Shakespeare quotes shared in LDS general...
- Jerry Earl Johnston: Euphemisms can't capture...
- Renovation Solutions: 5 signs it is time to...
- The Latest on Nepal Quake: Stronger quake may...
- Power of Moms: The 21-day motherhood challenge
- A simple way to know that you're with the...
- Family wins security system, keeps son on...
- How one woman unplugged from technology for...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 50
- Jerry Earl Johnston: Euphemisms can't... 35
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: A different view... 7
- How one woman unplugged from technology... 6
- Health law brings growth in food stamps... 4
- Does an American child really go... 3
- The Clean Cut: Lucasfilm responds to... 3
- Few vets getting care through $10... 2