If you are a steak lover, this recipe is for you. It is simple and yet the results are delicious.
This simple topping uses only two ingredients, but the tangy and mellow flavors combined with the hearty and smokiness of the meat makes this a family favorite. We also use it on ribs (pictured) and pork chops.
The topping has the right combination of flavors that it will enhance just about any simple cut of meat. Even hamburgers are the perfect foundation for this rich and tasty topping. The possibilities are endless.
Belle’s Steak Gorgonzola
¼ cup crumbled Gorgonzola
¼ cup butter, softened
4 steaks (rib eye, sirloin, New York)
4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
Mix together the cheese and butter. Set aside. Rub each steak with oil and then place on a hot grill or griddle. Sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper. For medium rare turn after three minutes. Sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper and cook another three minutes. Remove from heat and place on a rimmed baking sheet. Top each steak with the cheese and butter mixture and set under the broiler for about two minutes or until the topping starts to bubble.
Brenda Stanley is the mother of five children, including two sets of twins, and a grandmother of three. She is a cookbook author, including the recently released "That's a Lot of Crock!" and novelist. Her website is at talesofthedinnerbelle.com.
- Rupert Murdoch vows Fox News without Ailes is...
- Fox needs to find a successor to man who...
- Daughter Ivanka Trump raises issues father...
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Trump takes time from victory lap to swat at...
- AP PHOTOS: A selection of pictures from the...
- Daughter Ivanka Trump raises issues... 21
- Rupert Murdoch vows Fox News without... 12
- Trump takes time from victory lap to... 12
- Stephen Colbert is back to take on the... 9
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 9
- The best place for newborns to sleep... 8
- Sculptures created to warn about sugar... 7
- Why American children can't pay attention 5