Local flavor in the NBA: Season ends on a sour note for Lillard, Miller
Michael Conroy, AP
With the Indiana Pacers' 93-80 win over the Washington Wizards in Game 5 of the Eastern Conference playoffs Thursday night, the NBA season came to an end for all of the local college legends. Here is a look at how the rest of the second round went for each of the players still on the floor.
Andre Miller, Utah, Washington Wizards: Miller didn't see much time in the Wizards' series loss to the Pacers, but he was an effective scorer when he was on the floor. His best effort came in a Game 4 loss when he registered seven points, three rebounds and four assists.
For the season, Miller averaged a career-low 4.9 points on 45.9 percent shooting from the floor, 2.2 rebounds and 3.4 assists in just under 17 minutes a game.
Damian Lillard, Weber State, Portland Trail Blazers: Even though the Trail Blazers were no match for the Spurs in the second round, Lillard cemented his spot as one of the league's best young point guards. Although his shot wasn't falling, He still scored at least 17 points in each game. His best game against San Antonio came in Portland's lone win when he finished with 25 points on 11-of-21 shooting to go along with four rebounds and five assists. For the Blazers' 11-game playoff run he averaged 22.9 points, 5.1 rebounds, 6.5 assists and one steal in more than 42 minutes a night.
During his second season in the NBA, Lillard averaged 20.7 points on 42.4 percent shooting from the field, including 39.4 percent shooting from beyond the arc. He shot it best from the free-throw line where he made 87.1 percent of his 426 attempts. He also added 3.5 rebounds and 5.6 assists while starting all 82 games.
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and often...
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Sunday morning QB: Stars and stats from No....
- Utah basketball team makes it a doubly-good...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 62
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 50
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 24