The 1987 NBA Draft redone: A look at who the Jazz missed out on when they drafted Jose Ortiz
DARRON CUMMINGS, ASSOCIATED PRESS
The 1987 NBA Draft wasn’t very deep but there were hall of famers and all-stars available if a general manager drafted wisely.
The '87 draft was 161 picks over seven rounds with the first round consisting of 23 picks. Of the 161 players selected 55 of them played in the NBA according to basketball-reference.com. Of the 55 players to play in the NBA, Sarunas Marciulionis (sixth round, 127th overall) was the player taken with the lowest pick in the draft.
Here's how the draft would have gone if GMs knew then what they know now about all of the players: 23. Brad Lohaus, Iowa.
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Ute recruit Tyler Huntley posting huge...
- Felt's Facts: Breaking down the Utah high...
- Underrated East Carolina will test BYU's defense
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 53
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 40
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 19