CougarLinks: Kyle Van Noy sees Ziggy Ansah as future Pro Bowler in Detroit
Charlie Neibergall, AP
Former BYU teammates Kyle Van Noy and Ezekiel "Ziggy" Ansah are reunited once again in the NFL with the Detroit Lions, and Van Noy has nothing but good things to say about Ansah's future in the pros.
“He got good enough to go to the Lions and, last year, he did pretty well," Van Noy told the Detroit Press on Thursday. "Now he just has to stay healthy, and we’ll see him as a Pro Bowler, in my opinion. So he’s got a lot of upside to him, so I’m excited to be on the same team as him.”
Van Noy was drafted No. 40 overall by the Lions in the second round. He joins Ansah, who was Detroit's first round pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, and the fifth overall pick.
He ended last season with 32 tackles, eight sacks and two forced fumbles in 14 games last year. Ansah had an offseason shoulder surgery in February, but is expected to be ready for the 2014 season.
Check out the full story here.
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Brad Rock: GameDay is quite the day in Utah
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- High school football roundup for Friday, Oct. 9
- Tanner Mangum's on-the-job training continues...
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 54
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 41
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 26
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 20