CougarLinks: Kyle Van Noy sees Ziggy Ansah as future Pro Bowler in Detroit
Charlie Neibergall, AP
Former BYU teammates Kyle Van Noy and Ezekiel "Ziggy" Ansah are reunited once again in the NFL with the Detroit Lions, and Van Noy has nothing but good things to say about Ansah's future in the pros.
“He got good enough to go to the Lions and, last year, he did pretty well," Van Noy told the Detroit Press on Thursday. "Now he just has to stay healthy, and we’ll see him as a Pro Bowler, in my opinion. So he’s got a lot of upside to him, so I’m excited to be on the same team as him.”
Van Noy was drafted No. 40 overall by the Lions in the second round. He joins Ansah, who was Detroit's first round pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, and the fifth overall pick.
He ended last season with 32 tackles, eight sacks and two forced fumbles in 14 games last year. Ansah had an offseason shoulder surgery in February, but is expected to be ready for the 2014 season.
Check out the full story here.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 109
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 80
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 50
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33