Make-A-Wish grants little girl's dream of performing a Katy Perry music video cover
When 5-year-old Addy was diagnosed with stage IV kidney cancer, she turned to music for sanctuary, according to Make-A-Wish.
One song in particular, Katy Perry's "Roar", gave Addy the strength she needed to beat the cancer — and she did.
Her courageous battle earned her one wish from the Make A Wish foundation, so she collaborated with the company to become a pop star in her own music video.
Addy's video reached news and social media sites and has received positive feedback.
"Biggest happy birthday to my favorite pop star Addy! Loved your music video! You are an inspiration," Katy Perry tweeted.
Addy's version of "Roar" was released May 5 and has received more than 650,000 views on YouTube.
Megan Marsden Christensen is a writer with the Deseret News writing for the Faith & Family section. She recently graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelor's degree in communication.
- Wright Words: What I learned on a trail near...
- Motherhood Matters: 3 keys to a great family...
- Is this TV show a 'game changer for people...
- 4 tips for planning a successful family hike
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Top parenting ideas,...
- Simple cheese and chive baguettes dress up...
- Arianne Brown: A taste of humble pie and ice...
- The Clean Cut: 91-year-old widow chooses...
- LDS family runs a nonalcoholic apple... 7
- Amy Iverson: Showing kids how to make... 6
- Wright Words: What I learned on a trail... 4
- The Clean Cut: 91-year-old widow... 2
- Tiffany Gee Lewis: Lessons from sending... 2
- Motherhood Matters: Don't fix the pains... 2
- Family rallies support for Utah man... 2
- Heart-pounding 'Jason Bourne' makes the... 1