Make-A-Wish grants little girl's dream of performing a Katy Perry music video cover
When 5-year-old Addy was diagnosed with stage IV kidney cancer, she turned to music for sanctuary, according to Make-A-Wish.
One song in particular, Katy Perry's "Roar", gave Addy the strength she needed to beat the cancer — and she did.
Her courageous battle earned her one wish from the Make A Wish foundation, so she collaborated with the company to become a pop star in her own music video.
Addy's video reached news and social media sites and has received positive feedback.
"Biggest happy birthday to my favorite pop star Addy! Loved your music video! You are an inspiration," Katy Perry tweeted.
Addy's version of "Roar" was released May 5 and has received more than 650,000 views on YouTube.
Megan Marsden Christensen is a writer with the Deseret News writing for the Faith & Family section. She recently graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelor's degree in communication.
- 29 of the best Christmas movie quotes
- 'Unbroken' faith: The religious journey of...
- 'American Idol' alum Brooke White creates...
- Christmas 1914: The day even WWI showed humanity
- The 37 most charitable celebrities
- Over and out: TV flops, exits and endings in...
- Bittersweet Christmas: A woman ponders the...
- 4 interactive ways to teach your kids about...
- Chris Hicks: Has Hollywood found new... 16
- 'Unbroken' faith: The religious journey... 7
- What did Utahns search for in 2014?... 6
- School lunch 'blech' factor may go down... 4
- 'Five Armies' brings the Hobbit trilogy... 4
- Why you should think twice before... 3
- Some communities suggest penalizing... 3
- Want a smart kid? Stay away from these... 2