Make-A-Wish grants little girl's dream of performing a Katy Perry music video cover
When 5-year-old Addy was diagnosed with stage IV kidney cancer, she turned to music for sanctuary, according to Make-A-Wish.
One song in particular, Katy Perry's "Roar", gave Addy the strength she needed to beat the cancer — and she did.
Her courageous battle earned her one wish from the Make A Wish foundation, so she collaborated with the company to become a pop star in her own music video.
Addy's video reached news and social media sites and has received positive feedback.
"Biggest happy birthday to my favorite pop star Addy! Loved your music video! You are an inspiration," Katy Perry tweeted.
Addy's version of "Roar" was released May 5 and has received more than 650,000 views on YouTube.
Megan Marsden Christensen is a writer with the Deseret News writing for the Faith & Family section. She recently graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelor's degree in communication.
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- To B12 or not to B12?
- UTubers: Jimmer Fredette, wife and fans make...
- Chris Hicks: ‘Joy’ and a special...
- 13-year-old Sandy girl waiting for heart...
- #BrightonADay: Utah family copes with...
- 'Floating down the Mississippi': 'Big River'...
- Book review: Weston's 'The Mirror Test'...
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail... 37
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11
- Erin Stewart: The cry-it-out method:... 8
- Mom's 'happy Chewbacca' video shatters... 6
- To B12 or not to B12? 5
- UTubers: Jimmer Fredette, wife and fans... 5
- 13-year-old Sandy girl waiting for... 2
- Chris Hicks: ‘Joy’ and a... 1