Utah Jazz to enter exclusive D-League affiliation with Idaho Stampede
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Jazz and the Idaho Stampede of the D-League are expected to soon announce an exclusive one-on-one affiliation, according to sources.
This will be the third time the Jazz and Stampede have had a working relationship, going back to the 2006-07 season.
The Boise-based basketball team recently cut ties with the Portland Trail Blazers, and the Jazz were left without a D-League affiliate after the Bakersfield Jam partnered with the Phoenix Suns.
The Jazz declined to comment on their D-League affiliation.
Utah has had five different affiliations with D-League teams since the NBA allowed player assignments in 2005. Those affiliates include: Albuquerque Thunderbirds (2005-06), Idaho Stampede (2006-07, 2011-12), Utah Flash (2007-11), Reno Bighorns (2012-13) and the Bakersfield Jam (2013-14).
Jazz rookies Rudy Gobert and Ian Clark spent time playing with the Jam last season.
Former Jazz shooting guard Kevin Murphy, the 47th pick of the 2012 draft, played for the Stampede earlier this year. He led the D-League in scoring (25.5 points per game), including a career-high 51 points against the Los Angeles D-Fenders in February.
The website DLeagueDigest.com was first to report that a Jazz-Stampede reunion was likely to happen.
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coaches will take the win...
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 65
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 58
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 56
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Dick Harmon: It's Taysom Hill time on... 28