Utah Jazz to enter exclusive D-League affiliation with Idaho Stampede
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Jazz and the Idaho Stampede of the D-League are expected to soon announce an exclusive one-on-one affiliation, according to sources.
This will be the third time the Jazz and Stampede have had a working relationship, going back to the 2006-07 season.
The Boise-based basketball team recently cut ties with the Portland Trail Blazers, and the Jazz were left without a D-League affiliate after the Bakersfield Jam partnered with the Phoenix Suns.
The Jazz declined to comment on their D-League affiliation.
Utah has had five different affiliations with D-League teams since the NBA allowed player assignments in 2005. Those affiliates include: Albuquerque Thunderbirds (2005-06), Idaho Stampede (2006-07, 2011-12), Utah Flash (2007-11), Reno Bighorns (2012-13) and the Bakersfield Jam (2013-14).
Jazz rookies Rudy Gobert and Ian Clark spent time playing with the Jam last season.
Former Jazz shooting guard Kevin Murphy, the 47th pick of the 2012 draft, played for the Stampede earlier this year. He led the D-League in scoring (25.5 points per game), including a career-high 51 points against the Los Angeles D-Fenders in February.
The website DLeagueDigest.com was first to report that a Jazz-Stampede reunion was likely to happen.
- Newcomers enjoy BYU hoops debut in Cougar Tipoff
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Live streams: 2A & 3A volleyball championship...
- High school football: Improbable final play...
- Utah Jazz fall to Rockets on opening night
- Felt's Facts, playoff edition: Newcomers,...
- Former BYU pitcher Jeremy Guthrie's little...
- Royals Pitcher Jeremy Guthrie expresses...
- Keeping it rolling: Utes top Trojans in... 88
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 78
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 58
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 54
- High school football: State tournament... 50
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- BYU men, women both picked to finish... 32