Utah Jazz to enter exclusive D-League affiliation with Idaho Stampede
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Jazz and the Idaho Stampede of the D-League are expected to soon announce an exclusive one-on-one affiliation, according to sources.
This will be the third time the Jazz and Stampede have had a working relationship, going back to the 2006-07 season.
The Boise-based basketball team recently cut ties with the Portland Trail Blazers, and the Jazz were left without a D-League affiliate after the Bakersfield Jam partnered with the Phoenix Suns.
The Jazz declined to comment on their D-League affiliation.
Utah has had five different affiliations with D-League teams since the NBA allowed player assignments in 2005. Those affiliates include: Albuquerque Thunderbirds (2005-06), Idaho Stampede (2006-07, 2011-12), Utah Flash (2007-11), Reno Bighorns (2012-13) and the Bakersfield Jam (2013-14).
Jazz rookies Rudy Gobert and Ian Clark spent time playing with the Jam last season.
Former Jazz shooting guard Kevin Murphy, the 47th pick of the 2012 draft, played for the Stampede earlier this year. He led the D-League in scoring (25.5 points per game), including a career-high 51 points against the Los Angeles D-Fenders in February.
The website DLeagueDigest.com was first to report that a Jazz-Stampede reunion was likely to happen.
- 20 questions: How well do you know Tyler...
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- 15 signs that you're addicted to your Fitbit
- 4A boys basketball tournament quarterfinal...
- High school boys basketball: Viewmont's...
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest for...
- Morning links: Utah coaching job ranked; NFL...
- 3A boys state tournament quarterfinal live...
- Too many turnovers, not enough baskets... 114
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 86
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 79
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 52
- Utah falls to No. 13 in AP poll;... 42
- Dick Harmon: Putting Haws' impending... 37
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 28