Utah Jazz to enter exclusive D-League affiliation with Idaho Stampede
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Jazz and the Idaho Stampede of the D-League are expected to soon announce an exclusive one-on-one affiliation, according to sources.
This will be the third time the Jazz and Stampede have had a working relationship, going back to the 2006-07 season.
The Boise-based basketball team recently cut ties with the Portland Trail Blazers, and the Jazz were left without a D-League affiliate after the Bakersfield Jam partnered with the Phoenix Suns.
The Jazz declined to comment on their D-League affiliation.
Utah has had five different affiliations with D-League teams since the NBA allowed player assignments in 2005. Those affiliates include: Albuquerque Thunderbirds (2005-06), Idaho Stampede (2006-07, 2011-12), Utah Flash (2007-11), Reno Bighorns (2012-13) and the Bakersfield Jam (2013-14).
Jazz rookies Rudy Gobert and Ian Clark spent time playing with the Jam last season.
Former Jazz shooting guard Kevin Murphy, the 47th pick of the 2012 draft, played for the Stampede earlier this year. He led the D-League in scoring (25.5 points per game), including a career-high 51 points against the Los Angeles D-Fenders in February.
The website DLeagueDigest.com was first to report that a Jazz-Stampede reunion was likely to happen.
- MVP Jimmer Fredette puts on a show at the...
- Emery scores 31 as BYU crushes Santa Clara,...
- Dick Harmon: Unique perspectives from new...
- Former BYU, Davis High runner Jared Ward...
- Jimmer Fredette named D-League All-Star MVP,...
- On the cusp: Gordon Hayward playing like an...
- Brad Rock: Utah Jazz smart to avoid coaching...
- High school wrestling: South Summit dethrones...
- Emery scores career-high 37 points to... 73
- Rise and Shout: "Jeopardy!" contestants... 61
- 13 locals invited to 2016 NFL Scouting... 51
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out... 45
- Dick Harmon: Time running out for Dave... 45
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 44
- Morning links: Kyle Van Noy, Eric... 38
- Utah football: Delshawn McClellon... 26