Some people say that drivers in Utah are bad, and if this is true, then we need to step up our driving a bit. People aren't taking action to improve their driving, so if it is necessary, Utah will have to enforce it by law. And this is what has had to happen. I am glad to see that Utah is making texting, dialing or doing pretty much anything else with your phone while driving illegal. However, I think that some parts of this law have been taken a little too far. If you are listening to music on your phone, it is illegal to take out your phone and switch to a different song. It is pretty much the same as pushing a button on the radio of your car, only on your phone. Despite overreaching on this law, I hope that we will see improved driving in Utah.
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal benefits of...
- My view: Medical marijuana: Google vs. PubMed
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- My view: Does going to pot send the wrong...
- Rely on invisible hand?
- George F. Will: Break the dentists' hold on...
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- In our opinion: National security and... 79
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 58
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 39
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 33
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 32
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal... 31
- Letter: Coal and job creation 24