Congratulations to Doug Robinson for telling it like it is ("Athletic arms race officially out of control," May 13). It's obscene that so many millions of dollars are spent on state-of-the-art sports facilities, while much-needed buildings for academic purposes are deferred or ignored outright. Robinson should also have mentioned the seven-figure salaries paid to many head coaches, while professors are fortunate just to break the well-deserved six-figure milestone.
- My view: Misinterpretation of Second...
- Letter: Greater security
- My view: Utah should not raise minimum wage
- In our opinion: Suspended Alaskan oil drilling
- Lois M. Collins: The 'death' of faith may be...
- Letter: Kill off expansion
- Jay Evensen: Here's why we should fear...
- Letter: Our French Revolution