Congratulations to Doug Robinson for telling it like it is ("Athletic arms race officially out of control," May 13). It's obscene that so many millions of dollars are spent on state-of-the-art sports facilities, while much-needed buildings for academic purposes are deferred or ignored outright. Robinson should also have mentioned the seven-figure salaries paid to many head coaches, while professors are fortunate just to break the well-deserved six-figure milestone.
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run for...
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage hurts...
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama...
- John Hoffmire: How to save capitalism
- My view: Don't make women optional in marriage
- Robert Bennett: Make climate conversations...
- Letter: Dance dress code
- Catherine Rampell: Reasons behind the bad...
- My view: Don't make women optional in... 103
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage... 86
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run... 63
- In our opinion: Religion in public life... 53
- Letter: Lateralist logic 40
- John Hoffmire: How to save capitalism 39
- Join the discussion: How libertarian is... 36
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama... 36