Congratulations to Doug Robinson for telling it like it is ("Athletic arms race officially out of control," May 13). It's obscene that so many millions of dollars are spent on state-of-the-art sports facilities, while much-needed buildings for academic purposes are deferred or ignored outright. Robinson should also have mentioned the seven-figure salaries paid to many head coaches, while professors are fortunate just to break the well-deserved six-figure milestone.
- In our opinion: Divided 8-judge Supreme Court...
- John Florez: A father's heartbreaking letter
- Robert J. Samuelson: The Olympic sinkhole
- In our opinion: Finding – not forcing...
- Drew Clark: Will 2016 be the breakout year...
- My view: The supergentrification of Sugar House
- Michael Gerson: The Dalai Lama's path to peace
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: The 'bathroom...
- In our opinion: Finding – not... 79
- In our opinion: Divided 8-judge Supreme... 49
- Letter: Nothing is 'free' 46
- Those intolerable TSA security lines 22
- On Second Thought: A lighthearted look... 19
- Letter: Citizens have a duty 18
- My view: Patriotic Millionaires urges... 17
- My view: Biggest reason for physician... 17