Congratulations to Doug Robinson for telling it like it is ("Athletic arms race officially out of control," May 13). It's obscene that so many millions of dollars are spent on state-of-the-art sports facilities, while much-needed buildings for academic purposes are deferred or ignored outright. Robinson should also have mentioned the seven-figure salaries paid to many head coaches, while professors are fortunate just to break the well-deserved six-figure milestone.
- From GOP convention to Pokemon Bernie: Last...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Shurtleff,...
- Jay's Jokes: Trump's true identity is Batman
- In our opinion: Utah's unique response to the...
- In our opinion: The GOP convention — a...
- John Florez: Justice delayed is justice denied
- My view: More whites should practice meekness...
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 37
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 36
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 34
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 32
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 29
- Letter: Cruz took a stand 25
- Letter: Acting presidential 25
- My view: More whites should practice... 23