Congratulations to Doug Robinson for telling it like it is ("Athletic arms race officially out of control," May 13). It's obscene that so many millions of dollars are spent on state-of-the-art sports facilities, while much-needed buildings for academic purposes are deferred or ignored outright. Robinson should also have mentioned the seven-figure salaries paid to many head coaches, while professors are fortunate just to break the well-deserved six-figure milestone.
- Letter: Marijuana, an evil plant
- Dan Liljenquist: Credit Utah's Sen. Lee as...
- In Our Opinion: IRS data breach is...
- Letter: Keep money in Draper
- Letter: Veneer of patriotism
- My view: Yes, Iran jails people for their...
- My view: Utah needs Congress to act on...
- Jay Evensen: In a smart-car future, what...
- Letter: Marijuana, an evil plant 65
- David Jensen: Humans are responsible... 52
- Jay Evensen: Utah's prosperity is... 30
- Letter: Regulating marijuana 29
- Richard Davis: Another conflict of... 23
- Dan Liljenquist: Credit Utah's Sen. Lee... 19
- Letter: Sharing the road 19
- My view: Higher ed students can better... 18