Derek Petersen, Deseret News
WENDOVER — Police have identified the remains of a man who they believe was hit by multiple vehicles on I-80 Monday.
The man was identified as Christian Gutierrez, 20, of Wendover.
Police found the young man's remains Monday morning after receiving calls of what drivers thought was a dead animal on the road. Investigators were unsure of his identity or even gender at the time.
There were no leads as of Wednesday morning about why the man was in the road, according to Utah Highway Patrol Sgt. Todd Royce. Gutierrez's remains were sent to the medical examiner, but it is unclear whether they will be able to conduct a toxicology report.
As of Wednesday, investigators were looking into why Gutierrez was in the roadway which they believe may lead them to who may have hit the man.
"We haven't given up on this. We haven't closed it," Royce said.
Police are still not sure why Gutierrez was on the road Monday and do not know the details surrounding his death.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: whitevs7
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Martin MacNeill gets maximum sentence for...
- Supporters for traditional marriage focus on...
- Astronomers find massive black hole in tiny...
- Darrien's day: Controversy put aside as man...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Bystanders flip SUV to rescue teen from river
- U.S. approaching 'sudden' phase of...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 117
- Police break silence about... 50
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 40
- Friends, family, strangers gather at... 35
- New definition of homeless would give... 29
- Utah, Western states say feds are all... 26
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 22
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20