Derek Petersen, Deseret News
WENDOVER — Police have identified the remains of a man who they believe was hit by multiple vehicles on I-80 Monday.
The man was identified as Christian Gutierrez, 20, of Wendover.
Police found the young man's remains Monday morning after receiving calls of what drivers thought was a dead animal on the road. Investigators were unsure of his identity or even gender at the time.
There were no leads as of Wednesday morning about why the man was in the road, according to Utah Highway Patrol Sgt. Todd Royce. Gutierrez's remains were sent to the medical examiner, but it is unclear whether they will be able to conduct a toxicology report.
As of Wednesday, investigators were looking into why Gutierrez was in the roadway which they believe may lead them to who may have hit the man.
"We haven't given up on this. We haven't closed it," Royce said.
Police are still not sure why Gutierrez was on the road Monday and do not know the details surrounding his death.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: whitevs7
- Cheerleading coach who worked as youth...
- Fire rips through Draper garage during...
- Osmond to run 250 miles to help kids get...
- Former Gov. Norm Bangerter remembered as man...
- Pornography conference probes perils, solutions
- Mystery man who rescued driver from cliff in...
- Three Salt Lake City golf courses slated for...
- Orem pediatrician 'happy' to help...
- End of an era: Mercury rule shutters... 57
- Poll: Strong approval ratings for Gov.... 27
- Sen. Hatch's 'I-Squared' bill could... 26
- BYU ranked 'best value college' in Utah 26
- Herbert to meet with Obama... 23
- April snow shocks Utahns but does... 20
- Wild, windy, wet weather wallops... 17
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz: Drug Enforcement... 15