Derek Petersen, Deseret News
WENDOVER — Police have identified the remains of a man who they believe was hit by multiple vehicles on I-80 Monday.
The man was identified as Christian Gutierrez, 20, of Wendover.
Police found the young man's remains Monday morning after receiving calls of what drivers thought was a dead animal on the road. Investigators were unsure of his identity or even gender at the time.
There were no leads as of Wednesday morning about why the man was in the road, according to Utah Highway Patrol Sgt. Todd Royce. Gutierrez's remains were sent to the medical examiner, but it is unclear whether they will be able to conduct a toxicology report.
As of Wednesday, investigators were looking into why Gutierrez was in the roadway which they believe may lead them to who may have hit the man.
"We haven't given up on this. We haven't closed it," Royce said.
Police are still not sure why Gutierrez was on the road Monday and do not know the details surrounding his death.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: whitevs7
- Newborn found in trash can brings call for help
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death of 2...
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate...
- Man arrested in connection with baby's death
- Utah’s Great Gallery rock art younger...
- Tired teen plowed into new car lot, Vernal...
- Family of drowned Weber County man hopes free...
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay...
- Back (home) to school: Thousands of... 52
- New poll shows many Utahns oppose and... 47
- House Speaker Becky Lockhart is running... 36
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death... 33
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate... 29
- LDS missionary critically injured in... 27
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay... 24
- Water levels in Great Salt Lake... 19