Derek Petersen, Deseret News
WENDOVER — Police have identified the remains of a man who they believe was hit by multiple vehicles on I-80 Monday.
The man was identified as Christian Gutierrez, 20, of Wendover.
Police found the young man's remains Monday morning after receiving calls of what drivers thought was a dead animal on the road. Investigators were unsure of his identity or even gender at the time.
There were no leads as of Wednesday morning about why the man was in the road, according to Utah Highway Patrol Sgt. Todd Royce. Gutierrez's remains were sent to the medical examiner, but it is unclear whether they will be able to conduct a toxicology report.
As of Wednesday, investigators were looking into why Gutierrez was in the roadway which they believe may lead them to who may have hit the man.
"We haven't given up on this. We haven't closed it," Royce said.
Police are still not sure why Gutierrez was on the road Monday and do not know the details surrounding his death.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: whitevs7
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- South Jordan mother spends days caring for...
- Repo man charged with manslaughter in...
- Thousands of Primary Care Network slots in...
- Logan woman gets 2 to 30 years in prison for...
- Man suffers spinal fractures in violent...
- Report: Tourism spending in Utah grew to...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 105
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 40
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 33
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9
- IRS scam goes far beyond a phone call... 8
- San Juan County Commissioner appeals... 8