WEST VALLEY CITY — A man who police say was responsible for the temporary disappearance of a 15-month-old girl was arrested Tuesday.
On May 6, the Unified Police Department issued an endangered missing advisory for the child, who was in the care of Jamie Webb, 39. The child was eventually found and turned over to her mother uninjured.
Police continued to search for Webb, who had an outsanding arrest warrant for aggravated assault.
On Tuesday, detectives received a tip that Webb was residing in West Valley. He was spotted riding a motorcycle near 4018 S. 4000 West. He pulled over to make a phone call, and detectives stopped and took him into custody.
Webb was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for the outstanding warrant on $50,000 bail.
— Morgan Jacobsen
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Salt Lake bike share program doubles in size
- Springville homes evacuated after fireworks...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 8