WEST VALLEY CITY — A man who police say was responsible for the temporary disappearance of a 15-month-old girl was arrested Tuesday.
On May 6, the Unified Police Department issued an endangered missing advisory for the child, who was in the care of Jamie Webb, 39. The child was eventually found and turned over to her mother uninjured.
Police continued to search for Webb, who had an outsanding arrest warrant for aggravated assault.
On Tuesday, detectives received a tip that Webb was residing in West Valley. He was spotted riding a motorcycle near 4018 S. 4000 West. He pulled over to make a phone call, and detectives stopped and took him into custody.
Webb was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for the outstanding warrant on $50,000 bail.
— Morgan Jacobsen
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 36
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 33
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 22