WEST VALLEY CITY — A man who police say was responsible for the temporary disappearance of a 15-month-old girl was arrested Tuesday.
On May 6, the Unified Police Department issued an endangered missing advisory for the child, who was in the care of Jamie Webb, 39. The child was eventually found and turned over to her mother uninjured.
Police continued to search for Webb, who had an outsanding arrest warrant for aggravated assault.
On Tuesday, detectives received a tip that Webb was residing in West Valley. He was spotted riding a motorcycle near 4018 S. 4000 West. He pulled over to make a phone call, and detectives stopped and took him into custody.
Webb was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for the outstanding warrant on $50,000 bail.
— Morgan Jacobsen
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Teen in critical condition after slamming...
- Charges: Orem mom left 2 small kids alone...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 54
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 33
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Are you willing to take a pledge to... 20
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15