SALT LAKE CITY — A Salt Lake high school student has earned the top prize in a national essay contest.
Bonnie Bennett, an East High School student, is the national winner for the Daughters of the American Revolution Essay Contest. Bonnie was the nominee of East High for the organization’s Good Citizen Award for her dedication to service and patriotism, according to the Salt Lake City School District.
Bonnie has given more than 400 hours of service to the community, according to the district. She will receive her award and scholarship at the National Daughters of the American Revolution Convention in Washington, D.C.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 44
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 42
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 38
- Hal Boyd: Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 32
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Report: States manage public lands for... 23