Tommy Connor's son joining Utah basketball team as a walk-on
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Jake Connor, a 6-foot-3 guard from Highland High, is joining the University of Utah basketball program as a walk-on next season. The son of Utah assistant coach Tommy Connor earned all-state honors for the Rams last season, averaging 15.1 points, 3.8 rebounds and 1.3 assists.
"Jake has always been someone around our program since Tommy is a member of our staff. Now, Jake officially joins our basketball family," Utah coach Larry Krystkowiak said in a released statement. "He is a driven, hard worker that will enhance our program because he represents everything we want in a student-athlete. We're excited to have him join us."
- Week 17 NFL locals roundup & gallery: Ansah...
- Prep Wrestling: state's best wrestlers to...
- How to watch Utah football stars, local...
- Herriman brothers say their bond, competition...
- Prep Wrestling: Mountain View wins Bruin Classic
- Utahns who made us love sports in 2015
- High school basketball: Morby's last-second...
- MountainStar Healthcare Star Athletes of Week 20
- Locals and the NFL playoffs: Alex... 1
- Herriman brothers say their bond,... 1
- Utahns who made us love sports in 2015 0
- High school basketball: Morby's... 0
- How to watch Utah football stars, local... 0
- Prep Wrestling: state's best wrestlers... 0
- Prep Wrestling: Mountain View wins... 0
- Week 17 NFL locals roundup & gallery:... 0