Tommy Connor's son joining Utah basketball team as a walk-on
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Jake Connor, a 6-foot-3 guard from Highland High, is joining the University of Utah basketball program as a walk-on next season. The son of Utah assistant coach Tommy Connor earned all-state honors for the Rams last season, averaging 15.1 points, 3.8 rebounds and 1.3 assists.
"Jake has always been someone around our program since Tommy is a member of our staff. Now, Jake officially joins our basketball family," Utah coach Larry Krystkowiak said in a released statement. "He is a driven, hard worker that will enhance our program because he represents everything we want in a student-athlete. We're excited to have him join us."
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah Jazz: Future of Trevor Booker, Joe...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- Utah gymnastics: Red Rocks finish second to...
- Optimism abounds for the Utah Jazz's future
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Utah football: Dres Anderson shines in... 58
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 25
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Video: Utah football coaches revved up... 16