Tommy Connor's son joining Utah basketball team as a walk-on
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Jake Connor, a 6-foot-3 guard from Highland High, is joining the University of Utah basketball program as a walk-on next season. The son of Utah assistant coach Tommy Connor earned all-state honors for the Rams last season, averaging 15.1 points, 3.8 rebounds and 1.3 assists.
"Jake has always been someone around our program since Tommy is a member of our staff. Now, Jake officially joins our basketball family," Utah coach Larry Krystkowiak said in a released statement. "He is a driven, hard worker that will enhance our program because he represents everything we want in a student-athlete. We're excited to have him join us."
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Utah football notes: Paul makes quite a splash
- BYU football report card: Special teams...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 125
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 76
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 55
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33