Tommy Connor's son joining Utah basketball team as a walk-on
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Jake Connor, a 6-foot-3 guard from Highland High, is joining the University of Utah basketball program as a walk-on next season. The son of Utah assistant coach Tommy Connor earned all-state honors for the Rams last season, averaging 15.1 points, 3.8 rebounds and 1.3 assists.
"Jake has always been someone around our program since Tommy is a member of our staff. Now, Jake officially joins our basketball family," Utah coach Larry Krystkowiak said in a released statement. "He is a driven, hard worker that will enhance our program because he represents everything we want in a student-athlete. We're excited to have him join us."
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 83
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain... 24