“(Kelly) needs the chance to be your girlfriend,” Arnold said.
As Kelly Packard spent time with the Arnold family, one thing that greatly concerned her was the fact that the Arnolds do not eat dinner together. A new rule was instituted that required each member of the Arnold family help prepare dinner and sit at the dining room table together for the meal.
"It was good to have my dad cooking with us,” Alijah said. “I'm excited to get to sit down as a family.”
At the end of the week, the two couples met to discuss what they had learned during the swap.
The Arnolds resolved to spend more family time together and the Packards agreed to loosen the reins on their children and to spend more time together as a couple.
"Date nights are important,” Kelly Packard said. “I don't voice those things as much as I should. I've learned that kids need room to breathe. I don't think that's ever been pointed out to me in such a way and I know it's just self-fear. That's all it is."
"Even though there was some tension there, there also were some moments of awakening,” Darrin Packard said.
"Well, I didn't choke you!” Arnold joked. “In the end, it all worked out."
A recap at the end of the episode reported that Darrin Packard has stopped coaching basketball in order to spend more time with his kids and lighten the burden on his wife. The Packards are now going out for family activities more often and Kelly Packard has started to be a little less strict with some of her rules. However, makeup is still off limits for her girls until they’re in high school.
“Celebrity Wife Swap” airs Tuesday nights on ABC.
- LDS leaders respond to reaction over their...
- LDS Church releases statement on construction...
- ABC's 'Nightline' takes a look into the lives...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- Faith and family are driving forces for LDS...
- BYUtv releases 'New Day for the Book of...
- Mitt Romney calls Utah home, could open up...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of... 204
- LDS leaders respond to reaction over... 150
- Top Catholics and evangelicals: Gay... 52
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about... 39
- LDS statement could move Utah... 31
- Defending the Faith: Rethinking... 27
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25
- LDS Church releases statement on... 23