“(Kelly) needs the chance to be your girlfriend,” Arnold said.
As Kelly Packard spent time with the Arnold family, one thing that greatly concerned her was the fact that the Arnolds do not eat dinner together. A new rule was instituted that required each member of the Arnold family help prepare dinner and sit at the dining room table together for the meal.
"It was good to have my dad cooking with us,” Alijah said. “I'm excited to get to sit down as a family.”
At the end of the week, the two couples met to discuss what they had learned during the swap.
The Arnolds resolved to spend more family time together and the Packards agreed to loosen the reins on their children and to spend more time together as a couple.
"Date nights are important,” Kelly Packard said. “I don't voice those things as much as I should. I've learned that kids need room to breathe. I don't think that's ever been pointed out to me in such a way and I know it's just self-fear. That's all it is."
"Even though there was some tension there, there also were some moments of awakening,” Darrin Packard said.
"Well, I didn't choke you!” Arnold joked. “In the end, it all worked out."
A recap at the end of the episode reported that Darrin Packard has stopped coaching basketball in order to spend more time with his kids and lighten the burden on his wife. The Packards are now going out for family activities more often and Kelly Packard has started to be a little less strict with some of her rules. However, makeup is still off limits for her girls until they’re in high school.
“Celebrity Wife Swap” airs Tuesday nights on ABC.
- UTubers: Returned LDS missionary part of...
- LDS missionaries safe in Taiwan after earthquake
- Mormon Mentions: Adam Levine praises The...
- Mormon Taylor Swift look-alike draws national...
- After 3rd round of Hollywood Week on...
- 'Rich and fascinating': New online database...
- LDS Church leaders speak at RootsTech Family...
- Music and the Spoken Word: Choosing to act
- Defending the Faith: Why the question... 35
- Obama at prayer breakfast: 'Jesus is a... 25
- Obama's take on 3 key debates about... 13
- Bernie Sanders disappoints some... 12
- 'A unique insight': Jermaine Sullivan... 7
- New Harmony: Reading the pope's words... 6
- Maintaining faith during LDS Church... 5
- Panthers or Broncos? God does not care 5