CougarLinks: Making the case for BYU being included in the new SEC, ACC scheduling plans
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
— Here's an impassioned case for BYU being included in the new SEC, ACC scheduling plans.
"The Cougars, who went independent in 2011, are still learning how to rely on patching together series against teams with conferences of their own in order to make decent schedules. And they've done a good job of it — 2014's path includes Texas, two other power-conference teams, and four or five potential mid-major conference champions," writes Jason Kirk of SBNation.
"But if the SEC and ACC decide not to grant BYU the scheduling status of Notre Dame, the Cougars become less desirable opponents and will have a harder time filling up their dance cards (not a terribly harder time, since BYU rarely plays east-of-the-Mississippi teams, but it's the principle of the thing) ...”
— ESPN draft expert Todd McShay weighs in on the Detroit Lions landing Kyle Van Noy.
— It appears former Missouri quarterback Trent Hosick is transferring to BYU after he plays a year of JC ball.
- High school football: Top 25 preseason rankings
- ACC media days has some interesting tidbits...
- Some fringe Jazz players opened eyes in Vegas
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to expand,...
- BYU football: Alani Fua may be next Cougar...
- Brain injury changes the lives and tests the...
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is an...
- Former BYU defensive lineman Eathyn...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 167
- Report: Former BYU guard Jimmer... 73
- BYU freshman linebacker reportedly... 72
- BYU's Jamaal Williams, Utah State's Joe... 58
- Peavler: Arizona vice president of... 52
- ACC media days has some interesting... 35
- Brad Rock: Decades later, equality... 30
- Watch list roundup: 22 local players... 26