CougarLinks: Making the case for BYU being included in the new SEC, ACC scheduling plans
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
— Here's an impassioned case for BYU being included in the new SEC, ACC scheduling plans.
"The Cougars, who went independent in 2011, are still learning how to rely on patching together series against teams with conferences of their own in order to make decent schedules. And they've done a good job of it — 2014's path includes Texas, two other power-conference teams, and four or five potential mid-major conference champions," writes Jason Kirk of SBNation.
"But if the SEC and ACC decide not to grant BYU the scheduling status of Notre Dame, the Cougars become less desirable opponents and will have a harder time filling up their dance cards (not a terribly harder time, since BYU rarely plays east-of-the-Mississippi teams, but it's the principle of the thing) ...”
— ESPN draft expert Todd McShay weighs in on the Detroit Lions landing Kyle Van Noy.
— It appears former Missouri quarterback Trent Hosick is transferring to BYU after he plays a year of JC ball.
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- Sunday morning QB: Stars and stats from No....
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and often...
- BYU coach Shawn Olmstead provided calming...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 62
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 50
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 24