Ranking the best BYU Cougars in the NFL who went undrafted
Ezra Shaw, Getty Images
The 2014 NFL draft has come to an end with only one BYU player getting selected (Kyle Van Noy), even though a handful of Cougars were hoping to hear their name called.
In some professional sports, that would mean the end of the road, but the NFL is a different story. Plenty of undrafted players sign free-agent contracts right after the draft ends and manage to make solid NFL careers out of their opportunity.
BYU greats Cody Hoffman (Washington Redskins), Daniel Sorensen (Kansas City Chiefs) , Eathyn Manumaleuna (New York Giants) and Spencer Hadley (New Orleans Saints) all signed such deals after the draft finished over the weekend.
Although it is not the easiest road to NFL success, a number of Cougars have traveled it with success.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 121
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 32
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 20