Salt Lake Comic Con names Christopher Lloyd as first guest for fall convention
Richard Shotwell, Richard Shotwell/Invision/AP
SALT LAKE CITY — Great Scott! Salt Lake Comic Con has announced "Back to the Future" icon Christopher Lloyd as the first guest for this fall's downtown geek gathering.
Becoming the state's largest convention in less than a year, Salt Lake Comic Con gathered more than 100,000 delighted attendees at its FanX event last month for three days of nerdy pop culture, celebrity panels, costumery and consumerism.
The masterminds behind Salt Lake Comic Con will announce the celebrities joining Lloyd on the initial guest list at an event Tuesday, and tickets for the September convention will go on sale immediately after.
Monday's announcement sparked an instant surge of online speculation about which stars will be in Salt Lake City this fall.
Lloyd, best known for his character "Doc" Emmett Brown in the Back to the Future trilogy, has recently appeared in BYU-TV's original drama "Granite Flats."
April's FanX event earned Salt Lake Comic Con the rank of third-largest such event in the country, with celebrity names that included Patrick Stewart, Nathan Fillion and Karen Gillan.
— McKenzie Romero
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Utah families share tragic stories of teens...
- The 9 most overlooked threats to a marriage
- Playing favorites can increase the chance a...
- Mom calls out Toys R Us for selling fake...
- This type of high school can increase your...
- The Clean Cut: Ellen DeGeneres gives money to...
- Watch live: Wheatley conference on family
- Are teachers getting behind Common... 15
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge... 8
- Studio C teams up with popular indie... 6
- This type of high school can increase... 6
- Bound together: marriage rates and the... 5
- The Clean Cut: Ellen DeGeneres gives... 5
- Can too many dating options be a... 5
- Watch live: Wheatley conference on family 4