Salt Lake Comic Con names Christopher Lloyd as first guest for fall convention
Richard Shotwell, Richard Shotwell/Invision/AP
SALT LAKE CITY — Great Scott! Salt Lake Comic Con has announced "Back to the Future" icon Christopher Lloyd as the first guest for this fall's downtown geek gathering.
Becoming the state's largest convention in less than a year, Salt Lake Comic Con gathered more than 100,000 delighted attendees at its FanX event last month for three days of nerdy pop culture, celebrity panels, costumery and consumerism.
The masterminds behind Salt Lake Comic Con will announce the celebrities joining Lloyd on the initial guest list at an event Tuesday, and tickets for the September convention will go on sale immediately after.
Monday's announcement sparked an instant surge of online speculation about which stars will be in Salt Lake City this fall.
Lloyd, best known for his character "Doc" Emmett Brown in the Back to the Future trilogy, has recently appeared in BYU-TV's original drama "Granite Flats."
April's FanX event earned Salt Lake Comic Con the rank of third-largest such event in the country, with celebrity names that included Patrick Stewart, Nathan Fillion and Karen Gillan.
— McKenzie Romero
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- Harry Potter trivia quiz: Can you get 10...
- The Clean Cut: Jennifer Lawrence makes first...
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention...
- Motherhood Matters: How to control a teenager
- First trailer for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of...
- Managing your loved one's digital estate...
- Guest commentary: Kids don't need to train...
- Most American high schoolers don't know... 14
- It's safe to vaccinate kids —... 10
- Does getting married really increase... 8
- Remodeling? Experts say some projects... 5
- Bills aim to bring marriage, family law... 4
- Man without arms and legs has a message... 4
- Many adults delay parenthood for these... 3
- Guest commentary: Kids don't need to... 3