Tim Johnson, KSL
BYU volleyball led the nation in attendance again this season, averaging 3,460 fans per home match, and placed second in attendance average jump with 441 more fans per home match than last season.
The Cougars brought in 504 more fans per match than league foe Hawaii, which averaged 2,956 to place No. 2 in the rankings. UC Irvine was No. 3 with 1,043, Loyola Chicago was No. 4 with 1,032 and Long Beach State came in at No. 5 with 1,027.
This is the third consecutive season BYU has come in first in the attendance average rankings. The Cougars have dominated at the Smith Fieldhouse, not dropping a match since February 2013 for the longest home win streak in school history at 25 matches.
Rachel Hawks is the men's volleyball sports information director for BYU Athletic Communications.
- ACC media days has some interesting tidbits...
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is an...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to expand,...
- Some fringe Jazz players opened eyes in Vegas
- Off on the right foot: BYU Cougars looking...
- Former BYU defensive lineman Eathyn...
- High school football: Top 25 preseason rankings
- Rock On: Utah has LeBron Syndrome
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 182
- Report: Former BYU guard Jimmer... 73
- BYU freshman linebacker reportedly... 72
- BYU's Jamaal Williams, Utah State's Joe... 58
- Peavler: Arizona vice president of... 51
- ACC media days has some interesting... 38
- Brad Rock: Decades later, equality... 34
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is... 32