Utah is known for bad drivers. They don't signal, or signal and don't turn. They dart in and out while driving on the freeway. They go through red lights and don't stop at stop signs.
Now we finally pass a law that they should not use cell phones while driving, that both hands should be on the wheel and our attention should be on just driving safely. However, it sounds like we can still use our cell phone if someone calls us, or if we stop long enough to dial out. Our high schools are trying to teach that just talking on the phone is a distraction because we are thinking about the conversation, not driving. Lets really pass a law that means no using the cell phone while in the car. Maybe then we can stop accidents.
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment delusion
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps us strong
- Jonathan Johnson: The truth about sales tax...
- In our opinion: Internet sales tax should...
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- My view: Mayor Biskupski deserves to build...
- Richard Davis: Why do I serve?
- In our opinion: National security and... 74
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 54
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 30
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 28
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment... 19
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18
- Letter: Coal and job creation 18