Utah is known for bad drivers. They don't signal, or signal and don't turn. They dart in and out while driving on the freeway. They go through red lights and don't stop at stop signs.
Now we finally pass a law that they should not use cell phones while driving, that both hands should be on the wheel and our attention should be on just driving safely. However, it sounds like we can still use our cell phone if someone calls us, or if we stop long enough to dial out. Our high schools are trying to teach that just talking on the phone is a distraction because we are thinking about the conversation, not driving. Lets really pass a law that means no using the cell phone while in the car. Maybe then we can stop accidents.
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- Michael Gerson: A Senate takeover — No...
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell
- In our opinion: Technology in today's schools...
- My view: Congress must tackle tough issues
- John Hoffmire: What's the next step in the...
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense Secretary Leon...
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the campaign...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 148
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the... 87
- In our opinion: New conservative war on... 53
- In our opinion: Where has the family... 50
- Letter: What is ‘common good?’ 31
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 28
- In our opinion: School reformers should... 25
- Letter: Uninformed candidate 25