Utah is known for bad drivers. They don't signal, or signal and don't turn. They dart in and out while driving on the freeway. They go through red lights and don't stop at stop signs.
Now we finally pass a law that they should not use cell phones while driving, that both hands should be on the wheel and our attention should be on just driving safely. However, it sounds like we can still use our cell phone if someone calls us, or if we stop long enough to dial out. Our high schools are trying to teach that just talking on the phone is a distraction because we are thinking about the conversation, not driving. Lets really pass a law that means no using the cell phone while in the car. Maybe then we can stop accidents.
- In our opinion: The breach between mass...
- David Blankenhorn: Overcoming the blindness...
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought
- My view: Misinterpretation of Second...
- Drew Clark: Deeply felt religious faith, of...
- Letter: Excess political science
- Letter: 'Kate's Law'
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Speaker of...
- My view: Misinterpretation of Second... 88
- In our opinion: The breach between mass... 54
- My view: Utah should not raise minimum... 51
- Letter: Greater security 51
- Letter: Our French Revolution 30
- Letter: Excess political science 30
- In our opinion: Suspended Alaskan oil... 26
- Letter: Kill off expansion 25