Freshman Alexandra White finished the second day of the NCAA West Regionals tied in 38th place and improved to second place among the individual participants Friday.
White completed the round to finish 8-over-par and added a pair of birdies to her total of five birdies for the tournament.
White trails CSU-Northridge's Clariss Guce, who holds a first-place standing among individual players, by seven strokes and is ahead of third-place Fabiola Arriaga by three strokes. The top two individuals in each region will advance to continue their season in the NCAA Championships.
Southern California, Arizona State and Washington hold the top three spots, respectively, with the top eight teams advancing to the championships.
White will return for the final round Saturday at the Tumble Creek Club in hopes to advance.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- Saturday morning quarterback: 3 stars and...
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora of...
- BYU's 25-point win over UConn best margin of...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 55
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 54
- Enemy camp: What UConn media thinks... 41
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 36
- Peavler: Why the UConn game won't be a... 36
- BYU Cougars video: Jeff Call tells us... 33
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 31