Freshman Alexandra White finished the second day of the NCAA West Regionals tied in 38th place and improved to second place among the individual participants Friday.
White completed the round to finish 8-over-par and added a pair of birdies to her total of five birdies for the tournament.
White trails CSU-Northridge's Clariss Guce, who holds a first-place standing among individual players, by seven strokes and is ahead of third-place Fabiola Arriaga by three strokes. The top two individuals in each region will advance to continue their season in the NCAA Championships.
Southern California, Arizona State and Washington hold the top three spots, respectively, with the top eight teams advancing to the championships.
White will return for the final round Saturday at the Tumble Creek Club in hopes to advance.
- Top 25 QB seasons in BYU history, part 2
- College football countdown No. 39: BYU...
- BYU football: Certain games on the schedule...
- 10 local storylines to follow as NFL training...
- Rock On: Props for Mitt and 'Tag
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise; is BYU...
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says it...
- BYU basketball officially adds transfer guard...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 105
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 54
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 50
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 46
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 34
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 23
- Backfield to the future: Hill, Williams... 12