Freshman Alexandra White finished the second day of the NCAA West Regionals tied in 38th place and improved to second place among the individual participants Friday.
White completed the round to finish 8-over-par and added a pair of birdies to her total of five birdies for the tournament.
White trails CSU-Northridge's Clariss Guce, who holds a first-place standing among individual players, by seven strokes and is ahead of third-place Fabiola Arriaga by three strokes. The top two individuals in each region will advance to continue their season in the NCAA Championships.
Southern California, Arizona State and Washington hold the top three spots, respectively, with the top eight teams advancing to the championships.
White will return for the final round Saturday at the Tumble Creek Club in hopes to advance.
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Dick Harmon: A visit to Greenwich, the place...
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game... 26
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan... 25
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David... 23