Book review: 'We Are Strong! Mothers and Daughters Stand Together' is a practical guide to raising young women
"WE ARE STRONG! Mothers and Daughters Stand Together: Fearlessly Living the Young Women Values,” by Fay A. Klingler, Nutrire Fiducia Productions, $17.95, 232 pages (nf)
“We Are Strong! Mothers and Daughters Stand Together: Fearlessly Living the Young Women Values” by Fay A. Klingler is a practical guide of stories, suggestions and tips to help mothers raise their daughters righteously.
The book is organized around the eight Young Women values of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, including faith, divine nature, individual worth, knowledge, choice and accountability, good works, integrity and virtue.
Each chapter discusses one value and includes personal stories from mothers and young women, scripture stories, quotes from other Latter-day Saint authors, a summary of the value and how to teach it effectively. The chapter concludes with an annotated visual image symbolizing the content discussed.
Klingler emphasizes that although girls are different, they can be united as daughters of God and use those differences to support each other and stand strong together. Klingler uses the analogy that mothers and daughters are like a flower garden, in which the colors and shapes combine to form a beautiful whole.
"We are Strong" is a practical and spiritually uplifting guide to raising children righteously, no matter how old they are. Although it is targeted to mothers of daughters, it is also appropriate for other family members.
Klingler is a creative and technical writer and a motivational speaker for women’s groups and radio and television audiences. She and her family live in Draper.
Alexis Jones is a law student at the University of Utah. Email: email@example.com
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Who were the first 3...
- What life was like for the Mormon pioneers...
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest?
- New study: Mormon pioneers were safer on trek...
- Defending the Faith: Remembering the Exodus...
- LDS Church to break ground next month for...
- New study: Mormon pioneers were safer... 71
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest? 60
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby... 50
- Observers uncertain about the impact of... 42
- What does the Mormon 'temperature'... 39
- LDS Church to break ground next month... 27
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Who were the... 13