Book review: 'We Are Strong! Mothers and Daughters Stand Together' is a practical guide to raising young women
"WE ARE STRONG! Mothers and Daughters Stand Together: Fearlessly Living the Young Women Values,” by Fay A. Klingler, Nutrire Fiducia Productions, $17.95, 232 pages (nf)
“We Are Strong! Mothers and Daughters Stand Together: Fearlessly Living the Young Women Values” by Fay A. Klingler is a practical guide of stories, suggestions and tips to help mothers raise their daughters righteously.
The book is organized around the eight Young Women values of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, including faith, divine nature, individual worth, knowledge, choice and accountability, good works, integrity and virtue.
Each chapter discusses one value and includes personal stories from mothers and young women, scripture stories, quotes from other Latter-day Saint authors, a summary of the value and how to teach it effectively. The chapter concludes with an annotated visual image symbolizing the content discussed.
Klingler emphasizes that although girls are different, they can be united as daughters of God and use those differences to support each other and stand strong together. Klingler uses the analogy that mothers and daughters are like a flower garden, in which the colors and shapes combine to form a beautiful whole.
"We are Strong" is a practical and spiritually uplifting guide to raising children righteously, no matter how old they are. Although it is targeted to mothers of daughters, it is also appropriate for other family members.
Klingler is a creative and technical writer and a motivational speaker for women’s groups and radio and television audiences. She and her family live in Draper.
Alexis Jones is a law student at the University of Utah. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- What the LDS Church said about the Supreme...
- Nate Sharp: 'Miraculous events' led to...
- LDS Church leaders release letter about...
- Tabernacle Choir performs in the rain near...
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- 3 religions, 3 approaches to forgiveness in...
- Memorable sermons from LDS leaders in fewer...
- Episcopal bishops seek end to 'unholy...
- What the LDS Church said about the... 177
- When Satan steals your motherhood 69
- Religious leaders ponder next steps... 59
- Experts: Decision raises religious... 52
- Episcopal bishops seek end to 'unholy... 40
- Where were the Twelve Apostles when... 34
- Washington Cathedral dean on... 8
- Episcopal Church elects first black... 6