Book review: 'We Are Strong! Mothers and Daughters Stand Together' is a practical guide to raising young women
"WE ARE STRONG! Mothers and Daughters Stand Together: Fearlessly Living the Young Women Values,” by Fay A. Klingler, Nutrire Fiducia Productions, $17.95, 232 pages (nf)
“We Are Strong! Mothers and Daughters Stand Together: Fearlessly Living the Young Women Values” by Fay A. Klingler is a practical guide of stories, suggestions and tips to help mothers raise their daughters righteously.
The book is organized around the eight Young Women values of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, including faith, divine nature, individual worth, knowledge, choice and accountability, good works, integrity and virtue.
Each chapter discusses one value and includes personal stories from mothers and young women, scripture stories, quotes from other Latter-day Saint authors, a summary of the value and how to teach it effectively. The chapter concludes with an annotated visual image symbolizing the content discussed.
Klingler emphasizes that although girls are different, they can be united as daughters of God and use those differences to support each other and stand strong together. Klingler uses the analogy that mothers and daughters are like a flower garden, in which the colors and shapes combine to form a beautiful whole.
"We are Strong" is a practical and spiritually uplifting guide to raising children righteously, no matter how old they are. Although it is targeted to mothers of daughters, it is also appropriate for other family members.
Klingler is a creative and technical writer and a motivational speaker for women’s groups and radio and television audiences. She and her family live in Draper.
Alexis Jones is a law student at the University of Utah. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- An LDS missionary and a Marine: Twin brothers...
- LDS Church releases video, topic page...
- 'Meet the Mormons' box office continues to...
- LDS husband and father is also a firefighter...
- Defending the Faith: When the criticisms of...
- LDS CIO helps LDSTech attendees better...
- Mormon Media scholars discuss church and...
- Defending the Faith: When the... 139
- Can public officials refuse to perform... 68
- 'Meet the Mormons' box office continues... 46
- LDS CIO helps LDSTech attendees better... 26
- LDS Church releases video, topic page... 20
- Why I stand with the Houston Five 18
- Vatican alters draft report translation... 16
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 16