Alex Boye, mom bloggers celebrate Mother's Day with Katy Perry 'Roar' cover
In honor of Mother's Day, singer Alex Boye paid tribute to moms around the world with his Africanized cover of Katy Perry's "Roar."
Boye, also a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, recently gave a concert at a blogging conference in Utah, where one of the bloggers asked him to do a video with them.
Boye said he thought that was a good idea, and he wanted to make a video to the song "Roar."
"I told them that women reminded me of swans," Boye said. "I told them to picture the way a swan floats effortlessly and gracefully. Perfectly poised on a crystal clear pond, where hardly a ripple can be seen. But what we don't see underneath the water are tiny little feet flapping at turbo speed like twin turbine engines!"
The video, which was filmed at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi, has received more than 10,000 views since it was posted to YouTube on May 8, and the comments have been positive.
"To all the awesome women out there! Let's roar because we are champions," Sheila DuBois wrote.
Megan Marsden Christensen is an intern with the Deseret News writing for the Faith & Family section. She recently graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelor's degree in communication.
- Want to improve your marriage? Get a hobby,...
- Why do we need an R-rated Hobbit movie?
- ‘Jackie & Ryan’ showcases beauty...
- The Clean Cut: 5-year-old British boy reacts...
- Utah company brings Disney characters to...
- Mother, former LDS seminary teacher creates...
- How to thrive in college: A freshman survival...
- 'Once I Was a Beehive' gets national release
- Why do we need an R-rated Hobbit movie? 14
- Parents using infertility treatment to... 7
- Teens are shopping more like their... 6
- Want to improve your marriage? Get a... 6
- Sherry Young: A mother's glimpse into... 5
- Ground to be broken Thursday afternoon... 5
- Trust, forgiveness and repentance are... 5
- Want your marriage to last? Have... 5