Alex Boye, mom bloggers celebrate Mother's Day with Katy Perry 'Roar' cover
In honor of Mother's Day, singer Alex Boye paid tribute to moms around the world with his Africanized cover of Katy Perry's "Roar."
Boye, also a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, recently gave a concert at a blogging conference in Utah, where one of the bloggers asked him to do a video with them.
Boye said he thought that was a good idea, and he wanted to make a video to the song "Roar."
"I told them that women reminded me of swans," Boye said. "I told them to picture the way a swan floats effortlessly and gracefully. Perfectly poised on a crystal clear pond, where hardly a ripple can be seen. But what we don't see underneath the water are tiny little feet flapping at turbo speed like twin turbine engines!"
The video, which was filmed at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi, has received more than 10,000 views since it was posted to YouTube on May 8, and the comments have been positive.
"To all the awesome women out there! Let's roar because we are champions," Sheila DuBois wrote.
Megan Marsden Christensen is an intern with the Deseret News writing for the Faith & Family section. She recently graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelor's degree in communication.
- 5 PG movies that aren't exactly kid friendly
- Mormons popping up all over TV these days
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- 10 reasons a traditional marriage is better...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Utah’s...
- 6-year-old 'Rapunzel' donates hair to...
- The Clean Cut: 3-year-old drumming prodigy...
- The Clean Cut: This ATM gives people much...
- Two powerful forces make American... 27
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 19
- 10 reasons a traditional marriage is... 18
- 5 PG movies that aren't exactly kid... 15
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Utah’s... 13
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention... 8
- Many adults delay parenthood for these... 5
- Bills aim to bring marriage, family law... 4