No local players selected in 1st round of NFL draft
Frank Franklin II, ASSOCIATED PRESS
No local players were selected in the first round the NFL draft Thursday night.
It was largely expected that players with ties to the state of Utah wouldn't hear their names called by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell on day one.
Rounds two and three take place Friday at 5 p.m. MDT. Many expect former Timpview star Xavier Su'a-Filo, BYU star Kyle Van Noy and Utah star Keith McGill to get picked in the second round.
The draft will be televised live on both the NFL Network and ESPN.
- Gordon Hayward looks to get better at...
- National experts weigh in on the BYU Cougars'...
- 2015 Deseret News NFL Mock Draft: Wide...
- Analysis: Utah Jazz will be better, but will...
- Rock On: Next Utah college coach to leave is ...
- Utahns in baseball: BYU alum Jaycob Brugman's...
- Amy Donaldson: South Summit High community...
- High school track: Top performances from 2015
- Little offense as main players sit out... 102
- Brad Rock: BYU's window is closing; big... 101
- Ultimate football road trips:... 48
- Morning links: Duke in pursuit of Lone... 44
- Brighton wide receiver Simi Fehoko... 42
- BYU offense looking to move the ball,... 30
- Analysis: Utah Jazz will be better, but... 14
- Dave Rose hires May as BYU's director... 13