No local players selected in 1st round of NFL draft
Frank Franklin II, ASSOCIATED PRESS
No local players were selected in the first round the NFL draft Thursday night.
It was largely expected that players with ties to the state of Utah wouldn't hear their names called by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell on day one.
Rounds two and three take place Friday at 5 p.m. MDT. Many expect former Timpview star Xavier Su'a-Filo, BYU star Kyle Van Noy and Utah star Keith McGill to get picked in the second round.
The draft will be televised live on both the NFL Network and ESPN.
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Utah football notes: Paul makes quite a splash
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- The photos from the seats and the sideline...
- BYU football report card: Special teams...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 134
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 84
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 60
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 52
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33