No local players selected in 1st round of NFL draft
Frank Franklin II, ASSOCIATED PRESS
No local players were selected in the first round the NFL draft Thursday night.
It was largely expected that players with ties to the state of Utah wouldn't hear their names called by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell on day one.
Rounds two and three take place Friday at 5 p.m. MDT. Many expect former Timpview star Xavier Su'a-Filo, BYU star Kyle Van Noy and Utah star Keith McGill to get picked in the second round.
The draft will be televised live on both the NFL Network and ESPN.
- Video: Improbable final play lifts Maple...
- Royals Pitcher Jeremy Guthrie expresses...
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury
- Live streams: 2A & 3A volleyball tournament...
- Kansas City Royals turn to former BYU pitcher...
- Utah Jazz fall to Rockets on opening night
- Curtain raiser: Quin Snyder Era begins in...
- Keeping it rolling: Utes top Trojans in... 87
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 77
- Dick Harmon: BYU's defense needs Bronco... 58
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 57
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- High school football: State tournament... 43
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 35