NFL draft: Trevor Reilly headed to New York, taken by Jets in seventh round
Gus Ruelas, AP
Trevor Reilly wrapped up his Utah football career with his best season in 2013, and he will have a chance to build on that in New York.
The outside linebacker prospect was selected by the Jets in the seventh round of the NFL draft Saturday afternoon. He was the second former Ute to be selected Saturday, after Keith McGill went to the Raiders in the fourth round.
Reilly created havoc for opposing offenses during his Utah career, finishing with 235 tackles, 20 sacks, eight forced fumbles and six fumble recoveries. Last season, he recorded 100 tackles, 8.5 sacks and 16 tackles for loss while earning first-team All-Pac 12 honors.
Reilly, who played both defensive end and outside linebacker for the Utes, proved durable, playing all 37 games for Utah from 2011-13. That included 32 starts.
Listed at the 11th-best outside linebacker prospect by CBSSports.com, Reilly said he wouldn't watch the draft.
"My number one goal is to play and be able to achieve my dream, and it doesn't really matter to me that much where we end up," he said in his latest USA Today draft diary.
Email: email@example.com; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- Ranking the best fits for the Utah Jazz in...
- Ranking the best free agents in the NBA
- Brad Rock: Hatfield, Natson incidents may...
- Morning links: Reviewing BYU's case to be...
- Class of 2015: Utah high school athletes with...
- U. cornerback Hatfield arrested for...
- Jazz in talks with German center Pleiss,...
- The U.S. women’s national soccer team...
- U. cornerback Hatfield arrested for... 90
- Morning links: Fox Sports discusses why... 56
- Amy Donaldson: Former BYU QB Jake... 51
- Morning links: Reviewing BYU's case to... 49
- Morning links: Damian Lillard, Paul... 34
- Morning links: New BYU commit's late... 31
- Mendenhall's coaching tenure at BYU: A... 28
- Brad Rock: Hatfield, Natson incidents... 26