Comedian Jim Gaffigan believes having children has made him a better man
Brad Barket, Invision, Associated Press
Between his stand-up comedy routines and life in New York City, Jim Gaffigan is busy raising five kids with his wife, Jeannie.
According to a Focus on the Family Facebook post from September 2013 that resurfaced Wednesday, Gaffigan responded to the question "Why so many kids?" with "Well, why not?"
"What exactly am I missing out on? Money? A few more hours of sleep? A more peaceful meal? More hair? These are nothing compared to what I get from these five monsters who rule my life," Gaffigan said.
The Gaffigan family lives in a two-bedroom apartment in New York City, according to National Public Radio.
"We're now on our third set of downstairs neighbors, but when our two preceding neighbors were moving, they asked us to hide the fact that we had children from prospective buyers ... there's been moments where we've had to hide our children in a bedroom, and it feels like a scene from 'Sound of Music,' you know," Gaffigan said in an interview with NPR.
Gaffigan told NPR that babies are like antidepressants, because it's hard to be in a bad mood around a baby.
Being a family man, Gaffigan takes off work on Sundays to spend time with his kids, according to the New York Times.
The Gaffigans attend church at St. Patrick's Old Cathedral before heading to the park to meet up with other families, the New York Times reported.
In an interview with David Letterman, Gaffigan said that having five kids is like waterbed stores — they used to be everywhere, and now they're considered unusual. But Gaffigan loves his large family.
Megan Marsden Christensen is an intern with the Deseret News writing for the Faith & Family section. She recently graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelor's degree in communication.
- Things that changed my view of marriage forever
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- 42 ways to make your kids feel absolutely loved
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies inspired...
- The Clean Cut: Military father surprises...
- 'I am Adam Lanza's Mother' author Liza Long...
- Woman's happiness most important to having a...
- 10 compliments your kids need to hear
- The economy has begun to recover, but... 24
- Things that changed my view of marriage... 21
- The changing definition of 'TV': What... 13
- Should I stay or should I go? How faith... 10
- Jon Heder becomes Napoleon Dynamite... 9
- 42 ways to make your kids feel... 7
- How net neutrality impacts online news... 6
- Woman's happiness most important to... 5