Ravell Call, Deseret News
BOUNTIFUL — Construction on an I-15 interchange in Davis County will begin on Friday.
The I-15 South Davis Improvements Project will begin construction at 500 South in Bountiful to prepare for Davis County’s first diverging diamond interchange.
The interchange operates on the concept that both directions of traffic are crossed to the opposite side to provide easier access on and off the freeway, said Nathan Peterson, UDOT Region One project manager.
“(Divergent diamonds) efficiently move high volumes of traffic through an interchange without increasing the number of lanes," Peterson said. “It also reduces the number of traffic signal changes needed to move motorists through the interchange to two, as opposed to the usual three or four.”
This weekend, crews will begin to remove sections of the I-15 bridge over 500 South in preparation to replace the bridge. The road will be closed from 10 p.m. Friday to 9 a.m. Saturday, while I-15 will be reduced to one lane in both directions, said Vic Saunders, UDOT Region One communications manager.
Local traffic can use 400 North as an alternate route, and I-15 traffic can use 2600 South or 500 West via Exit 317, southbound U.S. 89.
For more information on the construction project, or to sign up for email updates, visit www.udot.utah.gov/i15southdavis.
- John Jones died in a cave, but his widow...
- 'Our lives have been better for having her,'...
- Ogden home burglarized while family attends...
- Utah family's adoption of Ethiopian girl...
- Why Utahns are some of the biggest spenders,...
- Prayers, protests raised in Utah as national...
- Landslide remediation plans emerge amid...
- How do I know if I'm ovulating?
- As Ferguson verdict is read, protesters... 68
- Prayers, protests raised in Utah as... 34
- Utah to pay plaintiffs in marriage... 33
- 12-year-old girl dies in accidental... 29
- Ogden attorney sues Weber School... 27
- GOP plans to sue over Count My Vote... 23
- LDS Church releases renderings of final... 20
- 'It can happen to anyone': Utah... 20