Ravell Call, Deseret News
BOUNTIFUL — Construction on an I-15 interchange in Davis County will begin on Friday.
The I-15 South Davis Improvements Project will begin construction at 500 South in Bountiful to prepare for Davis County’s first diverging diamond interchange.
The interchange operates on the concept that both directions of traffic are crossed to the opposite side to provide easier access on and off the freeway, said Nathan Peterson, UDOT Region One project manager.
“(Divergent diamonds) efficiently move high volumes of traffic through an interchange without increasing the number of lanes," Peterson said. “It also reduces the number of traffic signal changes needed to move motorists through the interchange to two, as opposed to the usual three or four.”
This weekend, crews will begin to remove sections of the I-15 bridge over 500 South in preparation to replace the bridge. The road will be closed from 10 p.m. Friday to 9 a.m. Saturday, while I-15 will be reduced to one lane in both directions, said Vic Saunders, UDOT Region One communications manager.
Local traffic can use 400 North as an alternate route, and I-15 traffic can use 2600 South or 500 West via Exit 317, southbound U.S. 89.
For more information on the construction project, or to sign up for email updates, visit www.udot.utah.gov/i15southdavis.
- After more than 6 years, 3 families yearn for...
- Strong winds cause damage, possibly fatal...
- Former BYU, non-Mormon professor writes 'in...
- Millcreek man faces child abuse homicide...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch headed to Israel to meet...
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries
- About Utah: Want a ride to the past? Matt...
- New strategies eliminate long waitlist for...
- Dog accused of biting child ordered to... 45
- Award recipient's affiliation draws ire... 32
- GOP primary in governor's race now... 24
- S.L. City Council unsure what to expect... 20
- Twice-deported man arrested in Salt... 17
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries 13
- Chaffetz attorney calls FEC complaint... 13
- Provo transit project set to begin,... 13