Ravell Call, Deseret News
BOUNTIFUL — Construction on an I-15 interchange in Davis County will begin on Friday.
The I-15 South Davis Improvements Project will begin construction at 500 South in Bountiful to prepare for Davis County’s first diverging diamond interchange.
The interchange operates on the concept that both directions of traffic are crossed to the opposite side to provide easier access on and off the freeway, said Nathan Peterson, UDOT Region One project manager.
“(Divergent diamonds) efficiently move high volumes of traffic through an interchange without increasing the number of lanes," Peterson said. “It also reduces the number of traffic signal changes needed to move motorists through the interchange to two, as opposed to the usual three or four.”
This weekend, crews will begin to remove sections of the I-15 bridge over 500 South in preparation to replace the bridge. The road will be closed from 10 p.m. Friday to 9 a.m. Saturday, while I-15 will be reduced to one lane in both directions, said Vic Saunders, UDOT Region One communications manager.
Local traffic can use 400 North as an alternate route, and I-15 traffic can use 2600 South or 500 West via Exit 317, southbound U.S. 89.
For more information on the construction project, or to sign up for email updates, visit www.udot.utah.gov/i15southdavis.
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- IRS raids properties with possible polygamist...
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence of...
- Friends, family remember sister missionary...
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close South...
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- In this case, wild horses drag them together
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 39
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 30
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 12
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close... 10
- About Utah: Selling bikes the... 7