SALT LAKE CITY — One of the top executives of the Utah Jazz organization and Fanzz stores will be retiring after the NBA draft.
Executive vice president Bob Hyde will retire from his positions as the Jazz's chief financial officer and Fanzz president at the end of June after working for the Larry H. Miller Group of Companies for the past 30 years in various capacities.
The Jazz are expecting Hyde to continue to provide his capologist input on a part-time basis or as a consultant.
Hyde has been lauded by Jazz general manager Dennis Lindsey for his behind-the-scenes contributions to the franchise. Hyde is the team's expert in matters regarding the NBA's salary cap and collective bargaining agreement with the National Basketball Players Association.
The team acknowledged Hyde's impending retirement but has not announced who will replace him with the Jazz and Fanzz. Assistant general manager Justin Zanik is also considered to be an expert on salary-cap-related issues.
Director of communications Jonathan Rinehart provided a statement on behalf of the Jazz organization about Hyde: “We greatly appreciate all of Bob’s hard work and numerous contributions to the Jazz and Larry H. Miller Group of Companies over the last 30 years."
Hyde, a certified public accountant and Weber State alumnus, has also served on the board of directors for Larry H. Miller Charities and The Road Home.
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Midseason recap and awards for BYU and Utah
- Booker-ing ram and broken dreams: Midseason...
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU preparing...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Report: Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman to...
- Utah Jazz give key starters a break in 98-91...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 32
- Peavler: Penalties out of control at BYU 28
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 27
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 25