SALT LAKE CITY — One of the top executives of the Utah Jazz organization and Fanzz stores will be retiring after the NBA draft.
Executive vice president Bob Hyde will retire from his positions as the Jazz's chief financial officer and Fanzz president at the end of June after working for the Larry H. Miller Group of Companies for the past 30 years in various capacities.
The Jazz are expecting Hyde to continue to provide his capologist input on a part-time basis or as a consultant.
Hyde has been lauded by Jazz general manager Dennis Lindsey for his behind-the-scenes contributions to the franchise. Hyde is the team's expert in matters regarding the NBA's salary cap and collective bargaining agreement with the National Basketball Players Association.
The team acknowledged Hyde's impending retirement but has not announced who will replace him with the Jazz and Fanzz. Assistant general manager Justin Zanik is also considered to be an expert on salary-cap-related issues.
Director of communications Jonathan Rinehart provided a statement on behalf of the Jazz organization about Hyde: “We greatly appreciate all of Bob’s hard work and numerous contributions to the Jazz and Larry H. Miller Group of Companies over the last 30 years."
Hyde, a certified public accountant and Weber State alumnus, has also served on the board of directors for Larry H. Miller Charities and The Road Home.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 109
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 24
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 21