Parents taking baby to hospital have vehicle stolen
Alex Cabrero, Deseret News
WEST VALLEY CITY — Tory and Maresa Law’s little boy, 8-month-old Max, was scheduled for heart surgery Tuesday, but getting him to the hospital was a bigger ordeal than expected.
Tory Law was warming up his wife’s car around 5:30 a.m. and getting ready to take Max to Primary Children’s Hospital.
"(Max) was born with a heart defect,” he said. “He had a hole in his heart, so they were just patching that hole in his heart."
Tory Law went back inside to get a few things, and that’s when the couple heard someone outside revving the engine.
"My wife peeked out the front window and I think they saw her peeking, and so we hear them accelerate out of the driveway,” he said. “I opened the front door and kind of chased them down the street, just trying to get them to stop.”
But the thief or thieves didn’t stop.
The Laws took their other car instead, but they realized Maresa's wallet and a bag of clothes for them to stay at the hospital were in the stolen car.
“We were canceling credit cards on the way to the hospital,” Tory Law said, “so it was an inconvenience, but I’m just grateful everybody is safe and my boy made it."
Max made it to the hospital just fine, and his surgery went well, his parents said.
At this point, West Valley police are still working the case and looking for a charcoal grey 2013 Chevy Equinox. Tory Law said he didn’t get a good look at the person or persons who stole the vehicle because it was dark.
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without parole?
- 25 of the craziest — and cutest —...
- Photo gallery: Journey headlines 35th Stadium...
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of...
- Funeral services for President Boyd K. Packer...
- Photos: A photographic look at President Boyd...
- About Utah: They go back to give back
- Healing underway in Greek Orthodox community
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without... 48
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 43
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of... 40
- Idaho's gay marriage ban remains in... 36
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty... 27
- Utah senators seeking support for... 16
- My view: Utah lawmakers can protect... 13
- Pig-shaped hot air balloon crashes in... 12