Parents taking baby to hospital have vehicle stolen
Alex Cabrero, Deseret News
WEST VALLEY CITY — Tory and Maresa Law’s little boy, 8-month-old Max, was scheduled for heart surgery Tuesday, but getting him to the hospital was a bigger ordeal than expected.
Tory Law was warming up his wife’s car around 5:30 a.m. and getting ready to take Max to Primary Children’s Hospital.
"(Max) was born with a heart defect,” he said. “He had a hole in his heart, so they were just patching that hole in his heart."
Tory Law went back inside to get a few things, and that’s when the couple heard someone outside revving the engine.
"My wife peeked out the front window and I think they saw her peeking, and so we hear them accelerate out of the driveway,” he said. “I opened the front door and kind of chased them down the street, just trying to get them to stop.”
But the thief or thieves didn’t stop.
The Laws took their other car instead, but they realized Maresa's wallet and a bag of clothes for them to stay at the hospital were in the stolen car.
“We were canceling credit cards on the way to the hospital,” Tory Law said, “so it was an inconvenience, but I’m just grateful everybody is safe and my boy made it."
Max made it to the hospital just fine, and his surgery went well, his parents said.
At this point, West Valley police are still working the case and looking for a charcoal grey 2013 Chevy Equinox. Tory Law said he didn’t get a good look at the person or persons who stole the vehicle because it was dark.
- Heavy rains slam Davis County, cause...
- Herbert pleads with Obama to stop any new...
- South Salt Lake ranks as most expensive city...
- Illinois the top party school in the US; BYU...
- ACLU supports inmates' hunger strike, says...
- EPA's Clean Power Plan draws Utah criticism...
- About Utah: He never yelled, but he sure did...
- Recreation, crowds and challenges: What's...
- Herbert pleads with Obama to stop any... 55
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 50
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay... 38
- Prison inmates start hunger strike,... 37
- ACLU supports inmates' hunger strike,... 22
- EPA's Clean Power Plan draws Utah... 21
- Salt Lake County cities, school... 18
- Expunging criminal records expected to... 13