MOM'S HOUSE Mother’s Day is approaching, a great day to celebrate the awesomeness of moms. Here is a list of five moms from the movies who celebrate the awesomeness of moms and remind us a little bit of our own Moms.
“The Blind Side” is based upon a true story of a rich family that takes in a big football player Michael Oher from the projects and adopt him. Sandra Bullock was so convincing in this role that she won the Academy Award for best actress.
Leigh Anne is a true southern belle but is also a spitfire. She loves her kids, including Michael, and wants nothing but the best for them. She will go to any lengths to protect them and give them the tools they need to succeed in life. Sounds like most moms I know.
Some of you might be thinking why would a mom who forgot her own son when going on vacation, twice, be on this list? Well, sometimes moms lives are hectic and an over sight can happen, especially during the holidays. It's not like she did it on purpose.
Kate spends the rest of the movie after her little mishap trying to make it home to her son Kevin. She even has to ride in a rental truck with a polka band to get back to her son. Kate McCallister shows us that moms sometimes make mistakes but they also will do anything in their power to correct them.
Helen Parr is the mom that can do it all. Not only is she a great mother, and supports her husband through hard times, she also fights for them and alongside them.
Her ability to stretch helps her fight villians, but also helps her in her daily routine as a mom.
Elastigirl is a great reminder that moms are pretty much superheroes. They somehow find enough time during the day to accomplish so much. Having the ability to stretch as far as Elastigirl would probably help though.
Mrs. Larusso is the shout out to single moms everywhere. She moved from New Jersey to California to make a better life for her and her son. She works hard to provide and is a caring mother to Daniel.
Mrs. Larusso is a very optimistic woman. She is always upbeat and even gives Daniel a ride for his date with Ali. Like most moms she even finds time to attend her son's sporting events.
We cannot forget our lovely Grandmothers this Mother’s Day. One Grandma that reminds us all of our own is Happy Gilmore's nana.
She took in a young Happy and raised him in a loving home. Even though she does not pay her taxes and loses her house, she is just so sweet and innocent that you can’t get frustrated with her.
Like most Grandma’s, she is so excited when her grandson shows up to visit. Even though she lost her house she never complains and is more concerned with Happy being happy.
So, don't forget to give a shout out to your sweet Grandma this Mother’s Day.
Curtis Linnell is a communications graduate from Brigham Young University and writes for ok.com
- 60 things you might not know about your...
- 10 celebrity couples who have made marriage work
- BYU announces Mitt Romney, Disney...
- Face time vs. screen time: The technological...
- Getting ready for Salt Lake Comic Con:...
- 10 things to know before going to Salt Lake...
- This one thing can help predict the type and...
- It's about time the government recognize the...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Basic assumptions... 34
- Here's what you can do to protect your... 14
- 3 ways insurers can still avoid... 13
- Outbreak of illness linked to Weber... 13
- It's about time the government... 12
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Social problems... 7
- Jim Bennett: The ALS Ice Bucket... 7
- Parents respond to Nicki Minaj's 'vile'... 7