The 2014 NBA draft tracker: A look at the players the Jazz brought in for their first set of pre-draft workouts
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
One part of the draft process that often goes overlooked by many fans is the pre-draft workouts. That is especially true when none of the players who are coming to town are expected to be selected in either round of the draft. Even though many of the players who are in town for the Jazz to work out aren't highly regarded, it is still a very important thing to keep an eye on. The reason for that is because plenty of solid NBA players go undrafted but still make NBA rosters. All you have to do is look at former BYU standout Brandon Davies, who went undrafted a year ago but managed to make the Philadelphia 76ers.
The same was true for Wesley Matthews, who made the Jazz even though he didn't get drafted. With this year's crop of draft eligible talent being so deep, there will be plenty of players who don't get selected who will make it to the NBA.
The first group of players brought in for the Utah Jazz consists of Taylor Braun, Bryce Cotton, Stephen Holt, Akil Mitchell, Mike Moser and Ronald Roberts Jr.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 115
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 36
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20