TAYLORSVILLE — Police issued an endangered missing advisory Tuesday night for a 15-month-old girl after they discovered she was not with her caretaker, who had an outstanding arrest warrant.
The child was identified as Sophea Larsen from Taylorsville. She was in the care of Jamie Webb, who police say is a transient and has an outstanding arrest warrant. A court order was issued to take the child from Webb and turn her over to her mother.
Officers located Webb on Tuesday and attempted to serve him with the court paperwork. Webb did not have the child with him and fled on foot from police. The child was not in the vehicle Webb left behind, and her location was unknown, police said.
The child is described as a white female, 24 inches tall, 18 pounds, with brown eyes and brown hair.
Those with information on the child's location are asked to contact the Unified Police Department at 801-743-7000.
— Morgan Jacobsen
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue atop...
- Horse owners urged to have animals vaccinated
- Judiciary panel OK’s ex-Centerville...
- Bank bomb scare prompts evacuation of...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 34
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 31
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 14