As part of his "Faith & Fat Loss" program, Williams recommends a spiritual eating plan, which encourages regular scripture study and memorization. Each participant receives a list of Bible verses about comfort, discipline, encouragement, faith, strength and healing that will help them as they face the day-to-day struggles of life.
Williams said much can be accomplished by teaching both the spiritual and physical body to react appropriately to specific situations.
"The body only responds to signals," he said. "If you send it the signal of fat loss, it will respond. If you send it the signal of fat gain it will respond. If you send it the signal of fitness, it will respond to that, as well."
Williams gives a recommended eating plan, based around a 21-day "jump start" that detoxifies fat cells and prepares participants for weight loss by sending the right signals to their bodies. The program similarly offers 21-day plans for scripture study, prayer and physical exercise.
"We've seen people lose well over 150 pounds, we've seen diabetics go off their insulin and their medication," he said.
"I think what gives me the desire and the motivation to really help people and to change their lives is that I really have developed a tremendous, tremendous love for people that are hurting, for people that are struggling, and it’s part of the reason why I do what I do," he said. "I like to find out what the problem is and also find out the answer and make sure that the answer is effective."
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- LDS Church publishes two new essays on past...
- LDS Church releases video about suicide...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to perform...
- LDS pitcher Matthew Neil asked for a trial...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- LDS Church releases video, topic page...
- Wright Words: A day in the life of Mormon...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 111
- LDS Church publishes two new essays on... 40
- LDS Church releases video, topic page... 34
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 24
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- An LDS missionary and a Marine: Twin... 14
- Here's how you can learn more about God 13
- Bishops scrap welcome to gays in sign... 10