Mother's Day is a day to spoil your wife or mom with a special treat. Here are both sweet and savory options just in case Mom has a specific craving (or wants both).
I love all of these recipes because they are easy to make your own. Don't worry about following everything exactly — just use these ideas as a guideline to make something Mom will love.
This dip is super simple and incredibly yummy.
1 8-ounce container of Cool Whip
1 8-ounce package of cream cheese (softened)
1 cup of brown sugar
dash of cinnamon
Mix all of the ingredients together. If Mom likes it sweeter, add more brown sugar. Serve this simple dip with apples, strawberries or pears.
Don't be afraid to make these your own. If there is a specific ingredient you know Mom will love, throw it in.
10 flour tortillas
1 8-ounce package of cream cheese
1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
½ small avocado, diced
1/3 cup salsa (any variety)
a handful of cilantro
½ white onion, diced
1/3 cup cooked shredded chicken or cooked ground beef (optional) or 1/3 canned chicken that is pre-cooked.
Mix all of the ingredients in a blender until you have a paste-like mixture. Spread the mixture evenly across 10 flour tortillas. Roll up the tortillas and place them on a cookie sheet. The paste-like mixture will hold the rolled tortillas in place. Bake at 375 F for 10-12 minutes.
Modified Box Cake
My aunt taught me this trick for how to make amazingly delicious cake from a box mix — with a few exceptions. Use coconut oil instead of vegetable oil; add a pudding mix (powder) into the cake mix; and use buttermilk instead of water. It's that easy. My favorite was Butter Pecan Cake with a cheesecake flavored pudding mix.
- Do we really need milk?
- Motherhood Matters: What if I don’t...
- Your triplets just got even more special
- The effects of spanking children may surprise...
- UTubers: Imagine Dragons releases new song,...
- Thousands threaten to boycott Target over...
- The Clean Cut: Girl asks boy with Down...
- Baby's introduction to food may include some...
- Thousands threaten to boycott Target... 90
- Do we really need milk? 18
- The effects of spanking children may... 14
- Millennials reject capitalism and... 9
- After more than 6 years, 3 families... 9
- Families need to know of dying decision... 4
- Terminating parental rights: State... 2
- UTubers: Imagine Dragons releases new... 2