Doug Jennings, Associated Press
Even though the Cougars have been on a bit of a cold streak (other than Ziggy) when it comes to having players getting drafted in the NFL, they have still had plenty of fantastic players hear their names called over the past few decades. Of those players, some have had incredible careers while other didn’t succeed in the way they were projected to by their respective teams.
It is important to note that the order is based on the spot each player was drafted and not the round. Some of the older drafts had few teams so there were fewer picks each round.
Note: Steve Young doesn’t land on this list even though he is quite possibly the greatest NFL player to come out of BYU. The reason for that is because while Young was the No. 1 overall pick of the 1984 supplemental draft, he wasn’t taken in the regular draft, which is what this list is all about. The same can be said for Gordon Hudson, who was also taken in the first round of the ’84 supplemental draft.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26