Doug Jennings, Associated Press
Even though the Cougars have been on a bit of a cold streak (other than Ziggy) when it comes to having players getting drafted in the NFL, they have still had plenty of fantastic players hear their names called over the past few decades. Of those players, some have had incredible careers while other didn’t succeed in the way they were projected to by their respective teams.
It is important to note that the order is based on the spot each player was drafted and not the round. Some of the older drafts had few teams so there were fewer picks each round.
Note: Steve Young doesn’t land on this list even though he is quite possibly the greatest NFL player to come out of BYU. The reason for that is because while Young was the No. 1 overall pick of the 1984 supplemental draft, he wasn’t taken in the regular draft, which is what this list is all about. The same can be said for Gordon Hudson, who was also taken in the first round of the ’84 supplemental draft.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- Saturday morning quarterback: 3 stars and...
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora of...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 55
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 54
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48