Doug Jennings, Associated Press
Even though the Cougars have been on a bit of a cold streak (other than Ziggy) when it comes to having players getting drafted in the NFL, they have still had plenty of fantastic players hear their names called over the past few decades. Of those players, some have had incredible careers while other didn’t succeed in the way they were projected to by their respective teams.
It is important to note that the order is based on the spot each player was drafted and not the round. Some of the older drafts had few teams so there were fewer picks each round.
Note: Steve Young doesn’t land on this list even though he is quite possibly the greatest NFL player to come out of BYU. The reason for that is because while Young was the No. 1 overall pick of the 1984 supplemental draft, he wasn’t taken in the regular draft, which is what this list is all about. The same can be said for Gordon Hudson, who was also taken in the first round of the ’84 supplemental draft.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's future...
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Utahns in baseball: Former Ute Morin plays...
- High school football: Hillcrest Huskies 2015...
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 55
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 45
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 34
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham says Hatfield is still... 28
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's... 23
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 22
- Pac-12 media day: Utah Kyle Whittingham... 16