Doug Jennings, Associated Press
Even though the Cougars have been on a bit of a cold streak (other than Ziggy) when it comes to having players getting drafted in the NFL, they have still had plenty of fantastic players hear their names called over the past few decades. Of those players, some have had incredible careers while other didn’t succeed in the way they were projected to by their respective teams.
It is important to note that the order is based on the spot each player was drafted and not the round. Some of the older drafts had few teams so there were fewer picks each round.
Note: Steve Young doesn’t land on this list even though he is quite possibly the greatest NFL player to come out of BYU. The reason for that is because while Young was the No. 1 overall pick of the 1984 supplemental draft, he wasn’t taken in the regular draft, which is what this list is all about. The same can be said for Gordon Hudson, who was also taken in the first round of the ’84 supplemental draft.
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 100
- Morning links: National college... 98
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 80
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 7
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 7