Doug Jennings, Associated Press
Even though the Cougars have been on a bit of a cold streak (other than Ziggy) when it comes to having players getting drafted in the NFL, they have still had plenty of fantastic players hear their names called over the past few decades. Of those players, some have had incredible careers while other didn’t succeed in the way they were projected to by their respective teams.
It is important to note that the order is based on the spot each player was drafted and not the round. Some of the older drafts had few teams so there were fewer picks each round.
Note: Steve Young doesn’t land on this list even though he is quite possibly the greatest NFL player to come out of BYU. The reason for that is because while Young was the No. 1 overall pick of the 1984 supplemental draft, he wasn’t taken in the regular draft, which is what this list is all about. The same can be said for Gordon Hudson, who was also taken in the first round of the ’84 supplemental draft.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 86
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 35
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33