Tom Smart, Deseret News
LOGAN — Search and rescue teams were looking for a family of six between Logan and Blacksmith Fork canyons Monday night.
The family was able to call authorities via cellphone and request assistance, according to Cache County Sheriff Lynn Nelson. The family had been walking from Blacksmith Fork Canyon to Logan Canyon.
Emergency crews were staging in the "sinks" area of Logan Canyon prior to the search. Roads between the canyons are snow packed, and snowmobiles may be needed to reach the family, Nelson said.
It was initially unclear whether the family was lost or stranded and what they were doing in the area.
— Morgan Jacobsen
- Celebrate summer fun with a photographic look...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Southern Utah infant dies after being left in...
- Review board clears Salt Lake police officer...
- Proposal: Real Salt Lake would pay for minor...
- Police say son beat 70-year-old father to death
- Utah mother of 8 in running for...
- Uintah County man accused of assaulting...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed... 78
- Republican, Democratic political... 49
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort 44
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding'... 33
- Pro-Palestinian crowd rallies in Salt... 33
- Review board clears Salt Lake police... 30
- Lawsuit claims State School Board... 29
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 26