Tom Smart, Deseret News
LOGAN — Search and rescue teams were looking for a family of six between Logan and Blacksmith Fork canyons Monday night.
The family was able to call authorities via cellphone and request assistance, according to Cache County Sheriff Lynn Nelson. The family had been walking from Blacksmith Fork Canyon to Logan Canyon.
Emergency crews were staging in the "sinks" area of Logan Canyon prior to the search. Roads between the canyons are snow packed, and snowmobiles may be needed to reach the family, Nelson said.
It was initially unclear whether the family was lost or stranded and what they were doing in the area.
— Morgan Jacobsen
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Utah man building Disneyland out of Legos...
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- Fight Like Girls group helps women battle...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 65
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 36
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 16