Tom Smart, Deseret News
LOGAN — Search and rescue teams were looking for a family of six between Logan and Blacksmith Fork canyons Monday night.
The family was able to call authorities via cellphone and request assistance, according to Cache County Sheriff Lynn Nelson. The family had been walking from Blacksmith Fork Canyon to Logan Canyon.
Emergency crews were staging in the "sinks" area of Logan Canyon prior to the search. Roads between the canyons are snow packed, and snowmobiles may be needed to reach the family, Nelson said.
It was initially unclear whether the family was lost or stranded and what they were doing in the area.
— Morgan Jacobsen
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries
- LDS missionary Mason Wells returns home 37...
- Arches National Park wants to ID those...
- Utah woman's secret: Ted Bundy tried to kill...
- BYU will buy Provo High School for $25M,...
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah
- Women called heroes for reviving high school...
- Heber boy in custody battle found in Tulsa...
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support... 50
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah 49
- BYU will buy Provo High School for... 48
- GOP's hard feelings over SB54 play part... 43
- Waiting on 'young invincibles' 40
- LDS Church hires assistant church... 40
- Sen. Ted Cruz secures second Utah... 27
- Council approves policy banning dating... 25