Tom Smart, Deseret News
LOGAN — Search and rescue teams were looking for a family of six between Logan and Blacksmith Fork canyons Monday night.
The family was able to call authorities via cellphone and request assistance, according to Cache County Sheriff Lynn Nelson. The family had been walking from Blacksmith Fork Canyon to Logan Canyon.
Emergency crews were staging in the "sinks" area of Logan Canyon prior to the search. Roads between the canyons are snow packed, and snowmobiles may be needed to reach the family, Nelson said.
It was initially unclear whether the family was lost or stranded and what they were doing in the area.
— Morgan Jacobsen
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- West Nile activity discovered in three Utah...
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at Utah...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12