Tom Smart, Deseret News
LOGAN — Search and rescue teams were looking for a family of six between Logan and Blacksmith Fork canyons Monday night.
The family was able to call authorities via cellphone and request assistance, according to Cache County Sheriff Lynn Nelson. The family had been walking from Blacksmith Fork Canyon to Logan Canyon.
Emergency crews were staging in the "sinks" area of Logan Canyon prior to the search. Roads between the canyons are snow packed, and snowmobiles may be needed to reach the family, Nelson said.
It was initially unclear whether the family was lost or stranded and what they were doing in the area.
— Morgan Jacobsen
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Prosecutors 'stand down' and drop criminal...
- Screaming, shouting and Utah's in the middle...
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Fire destroys Taylorsville home, damages another
- Another first: Utah caretaker contracts Zika...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Screaming, shouting and Utah's in the... 64
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 29
- Prosecutors 'stand down' and drop... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16